Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .

Go down 
+11
Cameron2
John Graham
Spotted Fever
nvsage
huntandfish
BUCKSNBOWS
elkhunter2002
muleskinner
nevadaagteacher
coloradocat
my3sons
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Cameron2

NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . Empty
PostSubject: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyFri May 22, 2015 4:21 pm

NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . 2015_r11

NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . 2015_r12
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 11:23 am

Hey, anyone who wants to pre-order stretchers of any kind from Otis, please let him know ASAP so he can get them done for delivery to the Rondy.

He goes by Coloradocat on here. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
John Graham

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 8:07 am

I'm planning on coming over too. I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
my3sons

my3sons

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 7:27 pm

awesome event ,, I'm thinking I will attend,,,, hey guys heads up Ca. had its latest round on June 11  W/ the antis,, PROBABLE STATE WIDE CLOSURE IN AUG. on bobcat trapping. please check out THE POST ON" Predator hunting forums" Nev.cat trappers were mentioned by some of the activists, I was there. you'll find the web address to view the meeting, No Mercer or any elected assoc. director present either. this was big,,, check it out.

Last edited by my3sons on Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
my3sons

my3sons

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 7:39 pm

OH,, and just to give credit due ,, Mercer did not invent that cage trap, he merely modified it, after the late ( Mr. Stacy Yancy ) INVENTED IT. Sorry to see him laying claim to someone elses hard work. I bought 50 cages from Stacy back in 2001. Before Ca. got Mercered.
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 12:33 am

The rondy is a great event put on by some great people.

On a side note you should take your BS somewhere else instead of bad mouthing Mercer on a site he rarely visits.
Back to top Go down
my3sons

my3sons

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 12:39 am

not bad mouthing anyone just correcting the above false advertisement of him. sorry if it offends you to see the truth. but giving him credit for inventing something he didn't aint right.  don't care if he ever visits, his advertisement is posted here. It looks like you were born around 1989 I'm 30 yrs your elder, I'm 56, trapped since 1981. a lot of things happened back then that maybe you don't know about,, but one thing that's universal, the truth and respect for those that deserve it. anyway enjoy your trapping. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kolob2034

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 12:35 pm

Go to the lynx lair forum and under the cats,cats,cats read the cat stretchers and borax threads. Under one of those threads Mercer tells the history and evolution of his traps. He gives credit to all who helped him and Mr. Yancy is at the top of his list. You should broaden you reading before thinking/posting you have an exclusive on the truth.
Back to top Go down
elkhunter2002

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 9:32 am

Hello all,

What a line up of demos we have this year, John Graham doing an hour demo on trapping/snaring, the famous Bill Ilchik doing a cat trapping demo, Andy Weiser from Montana doing a trapping demo, John Sullivan from Nevada doing a cat trapping demo, Mercer Lawing on cage trapping, and on and on. We have the best raffle prizes we have ever had also with at least two nice rifles. The kids will have a free raffle with six 22 rifles (three black ones and three pink ones) , BB guns, fishing poles and too many prizes to mention, no kid will leave without a prize. We have an entire day planned for kids games and prizes too. If your interested in Western trapping, this would be the event to attend. We also have several vendors coming. We are so thankful to the vendors and folks doing these demos that have committed to come to this event. Tons of stuff to see and do around the Ely area, the weather and fishing should be awesome that time of year so come join us. My number is on the flyer so if anyone needs further information, just give me a call and I hope to see you there.
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 4:42 pm

my3sons wrote:
OH,, and just to give credit due ,, Mercer did not invent that cage trap, he merely modified it, after the late ( Mr. Stacy Yancy ) INVENTED IT.                                                                                                                                       Sorry to see him laying claim to someone elses hard work. I bought 50 cages from Stacy back in 2001. Before Ca. got Mercered.

The advertisement is correct and accurate. It says Mercer invented the Cam-Trip cage trap. I started using Yancy/Aiton's cages a long time ago and did a DVD with Jeff Yancy in 2010 or so; I have used Yancy's cages extensively. However, Yancy's cages and Mercer's Cam Trip cages are worlds apart. The Cam Trip trigger design, the pan configuration and the door are totally different. Mercer never claimed to invent the cage trap, but he did invent the Cam-Trip design. I gather from your two posts on here you don't care for Mercer and that's your business, but the Rondy flier is an accurate statement of what Mercer invented.
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 7:35 pm

Going to be a big one! Can't wait.

Otis makes some awesome stretchers too for whatever you are targeting.
NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . 0EB85195-5BF1-4B68-92A6-C2319160EE3E_zpssl71lrun
Back to top Go down
Mercer Lawing

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 8:06 am

Gonna be there and gonna be great!  Trying to get some more CTA members there like last year.

Speaking of which - this guy Three Sons blames me for all that is wrong with CA.  Including his complete  absence from the fight.  Well not complete absence, he has been sending me hate mail the entire time.  

He is not and to my knowledge EVER been a member of our association so he wouldn't know a director if one was talking to him.  He says no officers were at the last commission meeting but in fact two were.  We (sub committee) also prepared with our lobbyist for two weeks via conference calls and emails.  

I am guessing you attended your first hearing/meeting in two years because that's how long it took for one to be somewhat close to where you live?  

Robert you are no friend of trappers.  You and your best bud Bob Small are perfect for each other.

You look like a fool when you get on the forums ranting.

I will be happy to post the letter where you tell me "I will be the best friend PETA ever had and tell them every dirty little secret they ever wanted to know about trapping" Ref: losing your trapping privileges.

I have been fighting these POS antis's for two years.  Hate mails, death threats, You Tube videos showing my vehicles and family calling for action against us, Face booking between them pictures of my family, my children, a constant stream of lies in the media about me and trapping in general.   I And then there's you Thomas doing everything ion your power to make it worse.

How can you complain or even comment when your not even a member of our association.  Mind boggling.

Whoever are the moderators here you'd be well served to ban this guy.

ML
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 11:49 am

NVSAGE:

That garage is just waaaaayyyyyyyy too neat and clean. Your man card is in jeopardy.
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 4:24 pm

I thinks it's agh .....what do you call it...... OCD that's it.
Back to top Go down
my3sons

my3sons

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 8:10 pm

sounds like a perfect smoke screen to me.  put it away mercer, redirect your anger; advertising Bobcat trapping with your interview on the front page of the L.A. Times  in 2013,,, Educated thousands of the anti fur granola eaters who now are running w/ the ball,,, what was that all about and why ,, that's why their after you and in many minds this was the start of the end for Ca. Bobcat Trapping. Leave good ole Bob OUTA this He's a nice guy. even though he agrees. bottom line too much attention to an already bad subject,,, not just here but everywhere,, really hope we can stop it before their wave continues.                                                                                                                                       Mercer if it really makes a difference to you i was a member before you were a trapper, a trapper before you were born and a fur buyer before you sold a fur. those were the good ole days when most trappers kept it to themselves for less competition and more fur. Stop throwing knives , I was at the Commissioners meeting on 6-11 in Mammoth and witnessed a miracle;; the blind Indian the anti's brought in,, regained his vision by the end of meeting LOL .                                                                                                                                                 Great job by Lynch and associates, the attorney for C.T.A and the lobbyst who spoke,, unfortunately we were  limited to 1 minute instead of three due to the high numbers of anti's they flooded the room with. sorry you missed it.

Last edited by my3sons on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
my3sons

my3sons

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 11:30 pm

I'M lovin the metallic Bobcat.
Back to top Go down
John Graham

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 7:04 am

I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch of the Nevada guys again. I probably won't make it to Utah this year, so I hope a few of them make it down there too. Our Wyoming convention is coming together nicely too.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Fur

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 8:02 pm

We are looking forward to it. Will be great to see and meet a lot of great trappers.
Back to top Go down
coloradocat

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 7:57 pm

Ok Nevada guys!!!!!! Most know that I will not be making it out this year because of other commitments. That being said, Dan Uhrich from Colorado is coming out to your convention to bug Mercer and help him out. That being said, he has agreed to haul my stretchers out to you guys if you need any. I will build up to the middle of July to make sure I get them in his hands to take out. Let me know or pass the word on. It will save a bunch on shipping charges. PM me here, or you can call the house at 970-268-5554. Xlrg cat boards are $25 Large and small cat boards $22 Coyote boards are $25 Grey Fox and red fox are $20.

Thanks,

Otis
Back to top Go down
Mercer Lawing

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 8:12 am

That's too bad!

That Dan is coming.  

Gonna miss ya OD.

ML
Back to top Go down
coloradocat

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 9:25 pm

Oh quit your lieing, you and Sir William just wanna hug on my hot sexy wife. Has nothing to do with seeing my ole ugly mug. We both want to come out, we had a blast last year, the Nevada guys are good people.

Otis
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 11:42 am

NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . 2015_r11
Back to top Go down
nevadaagteacher

nevadaagteacher

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 3:48 pm

I am so looking forward to the Rondy! Is Bucks going to make it this year and bring some shirts to sell?
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 5:07 pm

I think I got word that he has a nail appointment that day.
Back to top Go down
muleskinner

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 9:30 pm

I heard the same thing, I tried to make and order and got told to many irons on the fire...
sounds like the Rendezvou is not on the priority list of or old friend Bucks. was sure looking forward to that fur demo too..
Back to top Go down
moneyspots

moneyspots

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 9:57 pm

A fur / put up demo would be good. I have some leftover cats in the freezer that could be used.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 10:19 pm

Alright you sidewinders I still have feelings you know! Laughing Haven't heard the fat lady sing yet?
Back to top Go down
elkhunter2002

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 6:30 am

Hey Bucks, the fishing is unreal, my buddies hammered the trout last night at Illipah reservoir, we are going to fish Cave Lake this evening, Come on over Matt, we would love to have you. Everything is in place for another great Rondy as you can see from the agenda. The weather has been awesome and it looks like it's going to be a great turnout. Kreg Koeling with American Hide and Fur is going to bring some cats and talk about fur put up but if anyone wants to do a put up demo we could do it on Friday, most everyone will be there by then. Many are coming in on Thursday. We have several vendors that will be there too including Western Cats, Montgomery, Andy Weiser, John Graham and Mercer so come and get your trapping supplies and save on shipping, we will see you all there.
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm

BUCKSNBOWS wrote:
Alright you sidewinders I still have feelings you know! Laughing Haven't heard the fat lady sing yet?

Toughen up there, Buttercup. We all love you Mattie.
Back to top Go down
John Graham

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 4:37 pm

I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys. I'm planning on being there about noon on Friday.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 2:03 pm

Sounds like its shaping up to be a great one! Still up in the air on coming. Hope to make it.
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 1:27 pm

Running late but heading out here in an hour. Hope to see a bunch of you guys there!!!
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 11:00 am

Great weekend at the Nevada Trappers Association Rendezvous near Ely, Nevada. What a great time! Lots of fun events, instruction, games, food, great people, etc. For a small state association, the NVTA puts on a great show. Demos by Andy Weiser, John Graham, John Sullivan, Mercer Lawing, Bill Ilchik and a special guest appearance by Phil Brown (who drove all the way from PA), among others. Great support for our Association by USDA/APHIS personnel, NDOW and others. We had a number of great vendors there and many of them made extremely generous donations. We thank them all!!!!!!

Joe Bennett is a one-man army and ramrodded the event, which came off without a hitch. I think I counted 163 people there at the time we did the raffle. Many others had come and gone by then. Thanks to Rachel Gooding Andersen​ for entertaining ALL the kids ALL weekend, and to Kes Andersen​ for cooking the best burgers and dogs in the county. A great time was had by all. NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . Rondy110
NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . Rondy210
Back to top Go down
huntandfish

huntandfish

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 10:29 pm

Awesome events! My kids had a blast and demos were awesome. Thanks everybody.
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 11:39 pm

Same with mine kids loved it and are already asking if we get to come back again next year. Learned a ton from some great demos! Also was nice to just shoot the breeze with some good people and good friends..... I don't know about you guys but I know this has motivated me to start getting things ready for this season.... Maybe better to have everything done early instead of a week before season.
Back to top Go down
Spotted Fever

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 2:34 pm

Great Rendezvous ! My kids had a blast and I really enjoyed the seminars. Thanks to all of you that worked so hard to put it on.
Back to top Go down
John Graham

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 10:41 pm

I was really happy with the location, the turn out, and especially the hospitality from everyone. I'd say it ranks up there with the best convention around. Thanks to all!
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 11:08 am

John:

Thanks for coming to the Rondy and thanks for a great demonstration!
Back to top Go down
Mercer Lawing

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 12:43 am

It was a fantastic rondy. Great demos, great vendors, great folks in charge of the kids games just great all around.

Group dinner both nights. Saturday we shared grace together. Very family oriented.

You folks are doing great work up there. Keep it going.

ML
Back to top Go down
Dr. Fur

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 9:20 pm

Had a great time. THe guy I brought with to help with the demo was a non-trapper, but now wants to try it. That's a win.
Back to top Go down
kolob2034

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 11:19 pm

Dr. Fur, hey that is cool he wants to try it. I thought I saw his interest level increasing. Thanks for your demo and bringing along a few supplies to sell. I feel safer knowing I am better prepared. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
moneyspots

moneyspots

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 9:20 pm

Sounds like it was a great time. It was almost certain once the date was set I wouldn't make it. Wish I could of been there. Thanks kolob for picking up that item for me.
Back to top Go down
kolob2034

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 8:24 am

Your welcome. Andy W wished you lots of luck this season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .   NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . . Empty

Back to top Go down

NEVADA RENDEZVOU DETAILS . . . .
Page 1 of 1