Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NV trap tag thoughts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
boidae1h

NV trap tag thoughts Empty
PostSubject: NV trap tag thoughts   NV trap tag thoughts EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 3:12 am

I too want this sight to survive.

I just have some thoughts on the trap tag req. in NV and trying to save a few $$$. I have no need for a P.O. box, but do not want my address on my traps.

1 - P.O. boxes do not cost the same at every P.O. They vary from $35 to $65 for six months duration within about fifteen miles from where I live.

2 - You can get a prorated refund if you cancel the rental within the first three months. I'm fishing for answers here, but if you bought a P.O. box and then cancelled, your legal info would still be available to law enforcement. You do have to fill out a legal form and show two I.D.'s at time of rental. Why keep the box for the duration of the trap season?

3 - Where I rented my P.O. box the last two seasons, I realized that they only want to rent the boxes that are at shoulder level. What if I request a box at ground level? I didn't think of it soon enough this year, but the rural P.O. I use has more boxes than residents. If you buy your trap tags, you will have to buy them every year to reflect your ever changing P.O. number. Maybe you can request a box that never gets rented and then rent it briefly and then have a very reasonable chance of getting the same box every year. ………..and then use the same trap tags every year too????

4 - I looked for a virtual P.O. box online and think I found a new business opportunity.

5 - You do have to go to the P.O. to get a box. Online ordering of a P.O. box in Gabbs in not an option.

Other thoughts - I did ask an NDOW rep. on the phone about abbreviating or slightly misspelling my name on the trap tags, and she was going to send me a "letter of understanding" and of course never did.

I look forward to any responses, good or bad.
Back to top Go down
DESERTMULEY

PostSubject: Re: NV trap tag thoughts   NV trap tag thoughts EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 9:48 pm

I think you may have over thought this......just saying
Back to top Go down
boidae1h

PostSubject: Re: NV trap tag thoughts   NV trap tag thoughts EmptySun Dec 01, 2019 10:06 pm

Thx D.M., I do have a tendency in that direction. If someone finds my trap and then looks up my name online, (hell, I can find me online),
Back to top Go down
boidae1h

PostSubject: Re: NV trap tag thoughts   NV trap tag thoughts EmptySun Dec 01, 2019 10:23 pm

I am concerned about the actions someone may take against my home or family. I also want to fully comply with the intent of the law, without stepping over the line, and I'm cheap too. Anyhows, I do appreciate your observation and if I ever meet you in person, will buy the first two rounds.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: NV trap tag thoughts   NV trap tag thoughts EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 4:32 pm

Personally I just put my information on the tag. Most people would have to work pretty hard to find the sets then go thru the trouble of unwrapping tag ( if they know what to look for) Not to concerned about the bunny huggers coming to find me. If they did that would be fun!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

ridgeback740

PostSubject: Re: NV trap tag thoughts   NV trap tag thoughts EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 10:42 pm

Just stopped by to see what is new with everyone. Was disappointed to see little use on this site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NV trap tag thoughts   NV trap tag thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

NV trap tag thoughts
Page 1 of 1