Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nevada Legislature

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
not@home

Nevada Legislature Empty
PostSubject: Nevada Legislature   Nevada Legislature EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 4:36 pm

Have not yet verified it yet but just heard that a bill has been introduced that will make leg hold and snares illegal in the State of Nevada.
   With the last outcry from Nevada Counties over the New Gun Registration law that PASSED, this does not look good.  I just hope that there is some common sense in Carson City but that might be an understatement.  
    I had a strange feeling when Nevada Went Blue that our Trapping rights will be on the chopping block.  I just hope and pray that if our trapping rights are removed that rural Nevada will have the same courage to tell Carson city that they will not go along with a law that makes Trapping illegal.
    There has to come a time when we stand up and im proud of Rural Nevada for making that Stand.  Not a whole lot of common sense floating around Clark and Washoe County.
    Hopefully the heart of Nevada will let the State know that if any of there Wardens try to arrest or ticket a Trapper for Trapping that the Warden will see the inside of their jail.
    Was not to long ago when the Nye county told the Federal Forest Service that if they try closing off Roads that Nye county residents use that they will see the inside of a Nye county jail cell.

We will see

NV AB473 !!
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

Nevada Legislature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nevada Legislature   Nevada Legislature EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 11:07 am

You need to go and vote against that bill and the other one for coyote calling contests. SB487. Also need to send an email to the assembly people stating your against it.
Back to top Go down
not@home

Nevada Legislature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nevada Legislature   Nevada Legislature EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 12:19 pm

How do I vote against it?

what is AB487 all about
Back to top Go down
DESERTMULEY

Nevada Legislature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nevada Legislature   Nevada Legislature EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 12:42 pm

BUCKSNBOWS --- Here are a few others many of you may have an interest in. AB74  AB113 AB153  AB165  AB291  AB404 AB437 AB473 ----SB85  SB120  SB261  SB439---  "SB487 coyote competitions" Some of are included because the high possibility of abuse of the bill to financially harm and restrict hunting and trapping opportunities-----jmho

Last edited by DESERTMULEY on Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
not@home

Nevada Legislature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nevada Legislature   Nevada Legislature EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 1:38 pm

Looks like the Left wing Blue Legislature has an all out war against Hunters and Trappers. Would not surprise me if Nevada Becomes more Left wing than California.
Not sure the Trappers in Pershing county will go along with any of this or Eureka either...………..

Back to top Go down
boidae1h

Nevada Legislature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nevada Legislature   Nevada Legislature EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 12:31 am

I watched the NV Assembly discussion online and felt that it went well for us. First off, ab473 has been amended to "not" include a ban on leg hold traps, and only to ban the use of body grip traps used on land. It has also been amended from a statewide 24hr to a 48hr check rule. I by no means am for any restrictions, but I think this signals a position of weakness. Maggie Carlton (Dem.) even said something along the lines of not being comfortable with a 48hr check rule, I hope I understood her intent clearly. On top of that, all who spoke in opposition did an outstanding job. My personal thanks to all for representing us so well, Joel Blakeslee, Tracy Truman, the critr gitr guy from Elko, and all the rest...I just dont remember most of your names.
Back to top Go down
not@home

Nevada Legislature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nevada Legislature   Nevada Legislature EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 12:22 pm

Well at least I don't have to sneek around next season.  However, I don't trust anything the Nevada Legislature does.  In reality we did not win we lost.  This is the first step to a total Ban, one step at a time.  Death by a thousand slashes.  A total Ban would cause an outcry.  Next session we will be facing a 24hr trap check, besides no one is really going to get to upset with this.  We will get use to it until the next cutback.   No #110 body grip traps for mink or muskrat on land, which would means a bank dirt hole.  Most trappers would be ok with that since most of us don't trap for muskrats or mink.  Believe me next time it will be a trap size restriction for leg holds, and then a 24hr. trap check, in my case that  would be almost a death blow to my trapping.
  For me this means a 24 hr trap check.  Checking 1/2 of my sets one day and the other 1/2 the next.  Before it was a 48hr check for 1/2.   I don't run that many traps maybe 24 but they are in different places not close together.
   Now that the Nevada Blue wave wants to change from meeting every two years to every year so they can push through twice as much of their Liberal agenda, just means that that Death Blow to Trapping will happen twice as fast.
Back to top Go down
rockpile

Nevada Legislature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nevada Legislature   Nevada Legislature EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 9:44 pm

It is not over yet. Still a long ways to go.

Everyone who truly wants to preserve trapping in NV needs to send an email to every member of the Natural Resources committee of the State Assembly. Email addresses are on the home page of the NV Trappers Association website: www.nvtrappers.org.

Be polite, be respectful. Please don't threaten to put wardens in jail or wage civil war. That will only ensure the end of trapping.

Just say what trapping means to you and your family. And say we need to keep the 96 hour visitation requirement as is.

Best to send an email to every member. But at least send one to asmnram@asm.state.nv.us and ask to have your email sent to every member of that committee.

Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

Nevada Legislature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nevada Legislature   Nevada Legislature EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 3:56 pm

I feel we did a great job coming together on these bills. Thanks to everyone who wrote in, voted, emaild and showed up.
Back to top Go down
rockpile

Nevada Legislature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nevada Legislature   Nevada Legislature EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 6:16 pm

How right you are bucks.

Time to let this die out now.

And clean up the traps and get them ready for another year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nevada Legislature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nevada Legislature   Nevada Legislature Empty

Back to top Go down

Nevada Legislature
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bobcats R Us :: Trapping-
Jump to: