Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NDOW looking into #3 traps

Go down 
+5
modoc
idahopredator
BUCKSNBOWS
DESERTMULEY
not@home
9 posters
AuthorMessage
not@home

NDOW looking into #3 traps Empty
PostSubject: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 6:51 pm

Talked with a NDOW Game Warden Saturday and he told me that they are looking into making #3 traps illegal in Nevada because of Mt. Lions..............Makes sence to me. I really cant understand the need for a trap larger than a #2 or the need for a Four coil Trap. My last big tom was taken on a MB 450. Even with a two coil #2 MB 550 there can be some foot damage .......

I just feel that now is the time to re-think what traps are more ethical ............the reason I wont use Dukes or some of the Bridger no-laminated traps. The cast jaws of the MB 450's and MB 550's don't have any sharp edges and like the thin jaws on other traps.......

Its time to re-think whats better and more ethical............
Back to top Go down
DESERTMULEY

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 9:38 am

Sounds like HSUS is here
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 12:47 pm

That sounds like a bunch of Bull$^% to me. Use whatever trap you want. If you happen to catch a lion oh well. Gives NDOW something to do.
Back to top Go down
not@home

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 1:43 pm

USE what ever trap you want...............well how about a MB 750 6 coil..............NDOW knows that the Anti trap people now have a left wing liberal in the Carson City as well as a Super Majority of left wing Liberals in the Legislature and one vote shy of having a super majority of left wing Liberals in the senate .............does not look good for the furture of trapping in Nevada. Might want to listen to what NDOW is talking about as they see what we cant see..............taking the attitude like BUCKSNBOWS has will just put our traps in a big pile with a FOR SALE sign over them.
Back to top Go down
DESERTMULEY

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 11:04 pm

BUCKSNBOWS, expressed my sentiments to the T. NO MORE REGS to make you feel good. We pay predator management fees that are used to control lions, why dont they just let trappers harvest a percentage of them instead of give all the monies to state trappers they hire
Back to top Go down
idahopredator

idahopredator

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 12:47 am

Wasn't gonna comment on this when I first seen the post. Didn't want to even enter into the ridiculous debate. Now that Bucksnbows and Desertmuley have commented, I decided I needed to chime in too...

I believe that the more they take away, the more they take away (if you know what I mean). After they take the #3s, then it's on to other sizes, methods, snares, etc. Next thing you know, it's cages only and then poof! ...all trapping is banned (like CA). I say don't roll over and give in to their absurd ideas! So the NDOWs are getting tired of releasing lions? ...well boo-hoo!

#3 is a great size trap for bobcats -in my opinion the best!
Back to top Go down
modoc

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 7:39 pm

I moved here 25 years ago from Northern California, where I watched it go from steel leg hold traps to rubber jaws on your traps to cage trapping and now no trapping at all. I believe that any changes are the beginning of the end! And like bucksnbows I believe that I should be able to use whatever size I want , personally I don’t use anything bigger than 175. The problem here in northern Nevada isn’t the size of the traps being used it’s to many lions!!
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 10:16 pm

Not at home- you realize these post don't help at all right! I wonder if you are not an anti posing as a trapper more and more!
Back to top Go down
DESERTMULEY

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 10:06 am

I wanted to say that also but I BIT MY TONGUE which is unusual for me lol
Back to top Go down
modoc

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 10:09 am

Thought that from the beginning!
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 10:22 am

Thanks guys for speaking your mind. I enjoy this page a lot. I feel we have given a lot as trappers and personally I don't want to give anymore. The lion population is exploding in NV. I have multiple guys that run lions. When they can catch 6 lions on one cyn. that is about 5 too many. If your a non believer I will hook you up with a ride along and you can count all the lion tracks.
Back to top Go down
not@home

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 2:53 pm

Ive been accused of that before so Im use to it........I don't like it anymore than anyone else but we are out numbered highly out numbered and I have talked with a lot of hunters that hate trappers. Cant tell you how many people who find out im trapping give me the 9th degree. Trapping to me is like the right to own a gun............are you going to turn in your guns when Nancy changes the wording of the 2ed...............Ive heard things I don't like like saying " I will set my traps where ever I want" Time is not on our side and just like anything there are a lot of trappers that give most of us a bad name.
I had a stray dog in one of my sets last week, I just wanted to dispatch it and had no idea of why it was way out where I was but just in case I called NDOW and they sent out a warden to help he release it...........If the trap had been a Four coil there would have been no way we could have released that dog, the way the trap was hung up in the brush and how aggressive the dog was. That's when I asked him ever question I had on my mind and he shared his feelings to. I guess there are several Wardens that DO NOT LIKE TRAPPERS AT ALL.
You can call me what ever you like but in all truthfulness, its just a matter of time, considering what I wrote last time...........Nevada Is a blue state controlled by the Liberal Left, because this is what the majority of voters in Nevada want. We will have to wait and see what the legislature comes up with ...... But remember that Trap tags was a decision that was the lesser of two evils, either tags or a 24 hr trap check. If It comes to that im done and im sure most of you will be done trapping to.........
Back to top Go down
not@home

PostSubject: further thoughts   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 2:57 pm

any time someone says something you don't like they must be an anti-trappers...........What I don't put up with.
Back to top Go down
idahopredator

idahopredator

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 10:06 pm

YOU don't like it anymore than anyone else you say? Your first post contradicts that statement.

You were preaching to us about what is ethical. Remember?

Free tip:
If you go on a trapping website and tells other trappers they are being unethical, that they are hated, that there is no chance to stand up to and educate the uninformed, and that they should more-or-less roll over and let 'em take things away... you're gonna have to "put up with" some commenting and wondering about what side you're on.
Back to top Go down
DESERTMULEY

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 11:37 pm

MY TONGUE IS REALLY GETTING SORE. Trying to leave this alone but nobody@home is trying my patience. It is only trolling trying to catch fish. HAAAAA move the traps out of the garden when you get tired of stray dogs. Heel dammit HEEL TONGUE HEEL
Back to top Go down
Wildcat

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 6:16 am

There something off with this guy, he has made some really strange statements for being a trapper. I’m with desertmuley I think he is trolling for information. Seems like he knows very little about trapping and a whole lot about stirring the No swearing please.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 10:17 am

Thanks for all the positive vibes your sharing Not@home. Something stinks!!!!
Back to top Go down
cattrappernv

cattrappernv

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 6:34 pm

Stupid, stupid, stupid. I really hope not or that leaves me with a dozen traps. Majority I have are handed down to me from my dad. I's all for giving NDOW something to do and if that means releasing a lion or two then let them do that. Lions are still going to get caught and take off with traps on their feet either way.
Back to top Go down
DESERTMULEY

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 1:01 pm

Be careful how you respond,.....Everything you say will be used against us. Dont give the pretender any ammo......jmho
Back to top Go down
rockpile

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 9:40 pm

Every person on this thread has a valid position and should be heard.

Some are saying "Enough is enough", "don't give an inch", and I agree with that sentiment.

Others say we have to compromise to survive, and I agree with that as well.

On the technical issue: no. 3 traps: I think much can be done to educate trappers on how not to catch lions. Trap size is one parameter but other things are equally important. A properly made walk through set will miss most lions. The size of the trap is one component of the set. But blocking and precise distances over the trap to the other side is even more important to miss lions.

Lets work together to address the problem. Our future may depend on it.
Back to top Go down
DESERTMULEY

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 10:49 pm

The future of anything, trapping included depends on solidarity and when anything undermines that it needs to be addressed in a positive manner. If rank and file cant find commonality then all is lost.
Back to top Go down
rockpile

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 7:32 pm

When I was at the tagging a couple of days ago in LV, the NDOW biologist told me that many lions are being caught and released are not surviving and that may be used against us in the near future. He was doing us a favor by giving us a heads up.

Joel and others have known about this issue coming our way for awhile now. So when it gets here we are going to have to deal with it.

The antis love to pick an animal to be their poster child to raise sympathy and support and use it to against us. The polar bear right now is being used as the poster child for climate change support for example. Saying trapping is all bad in one thing. But showing a cuddling lion to soft music really gets them going.

I wish they would mind their own business, whatever it is, but they never do. So we may need to address this head on. No compromise and fight to the death is one way to go. Sometimes there is no give left and that is the only option. Other times requires more finesse so to speak.

Just like poker you got to know when to hold them and fold them.

Main thing is to stay united, get a strategy, rally support from our coalition allies, and use our heads.

Back to top Go down
not@home

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 2:48 pm

If anything stinks it the fact that some are just so intimidated by the liberal left that we are scared to say anything on this sight because they are watching everything we do. The same people that are telling us that you are not allowed to say anything when a 15 year old boy who follows your 10 year old grand daughter or daughter into the womens restroom. The same people who are pushing for laws that protect a women who wants to terminate the life of her baby at full term. We are suppose to tippy toe around these people so as not to offend them.
So there are just things that I as a trapper are not allowed to say to other trappers. I for one am not afraid of these peoples opinion of me, not matter what you do they are coming after you.
You want to call me a anti- trapper well then I can say that there are just to many guys on this sight are are so afraid of the left that they have to screen everything we say or question what we say as to NOT offend a Left wing Nut case. Fine be that scared little boy and go into hinding.
It anyone should be questioned its those who you know will not stand up against what is coming against us. I wear a TRUMP hat everywhere I go I have yet to see anyone wearing one. Why is that, the vast majority of hunters trappers are in all truthfulness afraid of what a Liberal might say to them and with that in mind be assured that what we love will be taken away. Evil prevails when good men say nothing.
Back to top Go down
DESERTMULEY

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 10:43 pm

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF was that

Back to top Go down
idahopredator

idahopredator

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 8:40 pm

DESERTMULEY wrote:
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF was that

Exactly what I was thinking!!!

not@home, you lost me sir. I have no idea what you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NDOW looking into #3 traps   NDOW looking into #3 traps Empty

Back to top Go down

NDOW looking into #3 traps
Page 1 of 1