Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting

Go down 
+5
elkhunter2002
rockytrails
harrishawker1
nvsage
Cameron2
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Cameron2

Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 6:29 pm

Standing room only!!!

Look at the trappers. Man, I'd hate to be an anti in that crowd.

Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting Elko_zpsc017c05b
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 6:51 pm

Ya buddy glad to see that!!! Lots of my coworkers and my old man even made it.... wish I could have gotten off of work, but that wasn't going to happen today. Looks like a lot of trappers.... lots of anti's Tracy?
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 6:58 pm

I hear tell 75-80 trappers, three county commissioners, and 3 antis.
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 6:59 pm

PS are you watching the live feed now and what is the site if so? Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 7:03 pm

No, I have a couple buddies there who are just texting me. I will update with what I learn.
Back to top Go down
harrishawker1

harrishawker1

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 8:57 pm

thanks TT
awesome turn outnow only if this isn't on deaf ears
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 11:51 pm

I understand the trapping committee voted 3-2 to keep the rural areas at a 96 hour trap check. Hope we can keep the momentum going in Clark and Washoe counties.
Back to top Go down
rockytrails

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 12:48 am

3 anti's. lots of trappers, Nevada cattlemen and Nevada woolgrowers, guides, hunters. Went real well. lots of good info. The 2 votes tried to get the committee to wait til Reno or Vegas to hold this vote. Didn't happen. A lot of momentum there. Sullivan did great.
Back to top Go down
elkhunter2002

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 10:04 am

Hello all,

We smoked em. Four of us drove up from Ely. Like Rocky said, Elko County commissionaire, president of the Nevada Cattlemen's Association, head of the Nevada Houndsmen, Nevada wool growers representative, Several from the Nevada guides and outfitters association and too many trappers too mention. Amazing how important private trapping is to many groups here in Nevada. Everyone handled themselves professionally except for the two antis. The one made several lies about our friends in Clark County. Please keep in mind that this is just the beginning of several meetings, we are now are at half time and this still needs to go before the full commission. We also need to keep Vegas and Reno in our thoughts and efforts. We can not let them take an inch. They talked about compromise last night but their agenda is clear. Once they start chipping away they will not stop. Let's all try to get out to the next couple of meetings and help our comrades in Reno and Vegas. I will pledge to load my van with trappers from White Pine County to go to Vegas and attend the next meeting! I most conclude with what a fine job our Nevada Trapper's Association president, Joel Blakeslee and Vice President John Sullivan did representing us, my hats off to them for their tireless efforts! Also to Randal and his crew from Elko, what a turn out! The meeting is in Reno today and let's fill that one up too and don't forget the one in Vegas, I don't have the date but I'm sure someone will post the details for the Reno and Vegas meetings.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 11:15 am

Just a thanks to all who attended the meeting! Except the anti's! Like Joe said it very important to keep them back on there heals now and then push them over the edge!! Be professional if you get to speak and have a game plan. Stick to the points at hand and don't ramble like the anti's do! Thanks to our team on the board and all the hard work they have done and more to come!!!

" Trapping our American Heritage " !
Back to top Go down
harrishawker1

harrishawker1

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 4:14 pm

Elkhunter. A big thanks and yes we can use all u can bring down here to the Vegas hearing.
We have been having good turnouts but the antis will try to bring as many of there dishonest friends as they can.
P.S.
Thanks to every who made the hearings
Back to top Go down
rockytrails

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 7:39 pm

A good point made in Elko for the populated areas was, 24 hrs or 96 hours won't make 'any' difference on dogs getting caught. If a dog got caught in a trap the owner would have it out before the trapper showed up anyway. Not a feral dog, but they are talking pets in these areas. Not brought up but could be is, is the trap would be registered in case authorities wanted to talk to the trapper.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 9:34 pm

We lost the vote in Reno. A board member came up with a map for around reno. Sucks cuz I wanted to club some of them too!!!! 3-2 on the vote.
Back to top Go down
huntandfish

huntandfish

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 9:54 pm

Just wanted to say tnx to the guys that represented the trappers. Joel and John did a great job representing us along with others.
Back to top Go down
huntandfish

huntandfish

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 10:08 pm

I don't understand why two or the board members voted yes after saying the 24hr check might not make any difference and it might make things worse. It was like they just voted yes to do something to shut antis up a little, even though they did not want to. 24hr check will do nothing about a dog being caught or not caught. I just don't see the point.
Back to top Go down
mimintw

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 10:36 am

It's totally political, there are members of the Legislature working them from behind the scenes as vigorously as we are working them from the front.

The reason we are in total opposition is because the strategy is a death by a thousand cuts.

Go to facebook and like the Southern Nevada Coalition for wildlife. That is where the politics get played from our people. Trappers aren't numerous enough to do it alone, we need Coalitions.
Back to top Go down
huntandfish

huntandfish

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 11:33 am

Already liked that page. Is their a northern nevada coalition? Or similiar group? I thought there was but I can't find it.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 11:52 am

That's a big 10-4. I helped make bumper stickers for that group and its a great one!! We need to hit them hard now.
Back to top Go down
mimintw

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 12:22 pm

I'm on the board of the northern coalition and one of the co founders. It's been in existence for 21 years now and frankly is the reason we have it as good as we do.

I worked as a lobbyist for both groups this past Legislature along with our association and a zoo organization.
Back to top Go down
mimintw

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 12:25 pm

The northern coalition doesn't have a website or facebook.
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 1:05 pm

mimintw that is good to know! Do you guys have a email newsletter ever sent out with information on up coming meetings or anything that may be good for some of us to show up at?
Back to top Go down
mimintw

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 1:25 pm

Facebook is the best way to get stuff "from" us. Like the NV trappers association and S. Coalition pages and you will be notified. Go to NV TA website if you don't have facebook.
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 1:59 pm

Ya i have both just making sure thanks.
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 2:05 pm

mimintw . . . . .

Couldn't be The Most Interesting Man In The World . . .
Back to top Go down
bullschmidt

bullschmidt

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 10:32 pm

Looks like you need to get up mighty early in the mourning to get one past Cam2...  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 2:46 pm

Good job Elko!!!!! The world needs more of their common sense.

http://elkodaily.com/news/elko-trappers-argue-against-proposed-change-to-trap-visit-rule/article_972bd9a0-a989-11e3-8a3e-0019bb2963f4.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting   Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting Empty

Back to top Go down

Live From the Elko Trapping Meeting
Page 1 of 1