Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Should I trap this spot?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
grizbacker

Should I trap this spot? Empty
PostSubject: Should I trap this spot?   Should I trap this spot? EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 10:34 pm

Hey guys got a question for those that know more than me. This spring I scouted out a new location for trapping. I just cant tell if there would be cats here or not. This area is fairly close to town (like 4 miles) and there are ranch houses within a mile. This area is a string of huge rocks and small cliffs about a half mile long. There is lots of brush and plenty of rabbits and rats. It is surrounded by wheat fields and there are other coulees/rocky ridges close by but not directly connected. Closest mountain range is probably 20 miles away. I know for sure there are coyotes that hang out here. Unfortunately, I havent been there with snow or mud so couldn't look for tracks.

I took lots of pictures of the terrain and all the scat I found (cant tell if it is coyote or cat) I found most of it in a 20 or 30 foot area, so I was thinking maybe cat toilet. If you guys would take a look at this photbucket album and look at the scat and teel me if its cat or coyote and if the terrain looks good for cats that would be great! There are a bunch of pictures; first is the area from a distance, then the scat, then closeups of the area. Thanks in advance!

https://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd382/Grizbacker/bobcat%20trapping/
Back to top Go down
bill1306

bill1306

PostSubject: Re: Should I trap this spot?   Should I trap this spot? EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 10:16 pm

To me it looked like there was a lot more coyotes than anything else, therw was some cat scat in the pictures. Some of the scat also looked like it might have been from a coon or a coyote because of what it had been eating. Is there a coyote den close by that location?
Back to top Go down
grizbacker

PostSubject: Re: Should I trap this spot?   Should I trap this spot? EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:35 am

bill1306 wrote:
To me it looked like there was a lot more coyotes than anything else, therw was some cat scat in the pictures. Some of the scat also looked like it might have been from a coon or a coyote because of what it had been eating. Is there a coyote den close by that location?

Thanks for the reply Bill. Yes there are definitely coyotes here, and yes I think there might be a coyote den in there somewhere. The big thing I am trying to figure out is is there cats as well? Im hoping so because it would be easy to trap from my house. So you think that there was some cat scat in the pictures then?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I trap this spot?   Should I trap this spot? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should I trap this spot?
Page 1 of 1