Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trap preparation question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
not@home

Trap preparation question Empty
PostSubject: Trap preparation question   Trap preparation question EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:35 pm

I have 18 MB 450's and 12 MB 550's and 6 Bridger #2's I ran then through the Dishwasher to remove the oils then spray painted them with a light gray Rust O Lium hung them out for a week then dipped them in Full Metal Jacket. Will this method work ??

Im seeing Coyote track around my sets but no commitments if there is some human scent on the traps how long before all human scent is gone. I do get Raccoons in my sets for Coyotes when Im trapping in and around year round streams.

Being new to this Im still learning............
Back to top Go down
rockpile

Trap preparation question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trap preparation question   Trap preparation question EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 8:44 pm

If worried about the treatment keeping coyotes away, you might try beating your traps with juniper foliage or sage brush. Hides the paint smell with something more natural.

The worse smell to get on traps is lure. And hard not to do it when handling lure all the time.
Back to top Go down

Trap preparation question
Page 1 of 1