Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Setting toilets

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Fur

Setting toilets Empty
PostSubject: Setting toilets   Setting toilets EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 9:17 pm

Situation 1: you find a toilet in a small sandy wash. 3-4 sizes of cat poo in a pile 10 inches in diameter with a stray turd or three.

Do you create a scratch, set walkthroughs in the wash or a flat set or ???

Situation 2: You find a toilet under a juniper with 3 or 4 piles of pretty fresh poop (Cameron2 posted a picture of one like this on trapperman yesterday). These are sort of in a couple places under the juniper.

Do you make a walk-through under the juniper or do you make a set nearby or scratch something up and put a trap in it or???
Back to top Go down
nevadaagteacher

nevadaagteacher

Setting toilets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting toilets   Setting toilets EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 12:21 pm

Personally I would make a walk through in both situations and have a flat set somewhere close to hopefully pick up a double! The juniper tree can lend itself easily to a walk through with some lure applied to the side of the walk through and urine applied through the walk through.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

Setting toilets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting toilets   Setting toilets EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:42 am

I am with Teach on this one. Great areas for travel. Just need a little attention getter and pass thru!
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

Setting toilets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting toilets   Setting toilets EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 5:05 pm

Ditto with the experts above. Here's how I did the one you referred to. The toilets are between the two traps.

Setting toilets By_the10
Back to top Go down
Dr. Fur

Setting toilets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting toilets   Setting toilets EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:39 pm

Thanks!

The sandy wash one came from my line earlier this year. It got 2 walk throughs above and below the toilet. Cats on consecutive checks.

I've never found one under a juniper like that, but often find a couple old turds. They are not as successful for me as Steve Woods is on BobCATCHing 1.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Setting toilets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting toilets   Setting toilets Empty

Back to top Go down

Setting toilets
Page 1 of 1