Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

cat numbers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ryanf73

ryanf73

cat numbers Empty
PostSubject: cat numbers   cat numbers EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 6:12 pm

Now that we have had a good month or more of trapping how do you western states think the cat numbers are this year? Here in Oregon it sure feels that they are down from last year not much action from a lot of folks.
Back to top Go down
huntandfish

huntandfish

cat numbers Empty
PostSubject: Re: cat numbers   cat numbers EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 10:02 pm

This is only my second year trapping. That said I have not seen very much fresh sign mostly old white turds who knows how old. I am happy with what I have caught though with the little experience I have. There are a few cats in the area I am trapping now but can't seem to catch them. I sure do love the challenge though.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

cat numbers Empty
PostSubject: Re: cat numbers   cat numbers EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 2:57 pm

I believe cat # are down in certain areas for sure. I have found sign but cats never came back? Been doing a lot of scouting but not finding the sign and numbers that I am used to seeing.
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

ridgeback740

cat numbers Empty
PostSubject: Re: cat numbers   cat numbers EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 4:02 pm

Cat numbers in my area seem to be about the same as they have been for the last 4 years. Talking to a good friend of mine, he has already caught as many cats this season as he did last season, and the season is only a quarter of the way through. I believe it depends on the pressure they have received in the past, rodent and bird population, and if the kittens and the females were released in years past also. I have only caught one cat so far, but expect to catch more as the season goes on. Seems like toward the end of the season, more males are caught as they are out looking for a female in heat to breed with.
Back to top Go down
nevadaagteacher

nevadaagteacher

cat numbers Empty
PostSubject: Re: cat numbers   cat numbers EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 8:57 pm

The cats in my area are not moving much because they have so many rabbits in congested areas. I have found tons of fresh sign in the sage brush canyons, but very little sign on rim rocks where the chukar are found. I think we have too many lions in northern Nevada and that has impacted the bobcats numbers? That or the price of fur!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cat numbers Empty
PostSubject: Re: cat numbers   cat numbers Empty

Back to top Go down

cat numbers
Page 1 of 1