Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NAFA truck

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bill1306

bill1306

NAFA truck Empty
PostSubject: NAFA truck   NAFA truck EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 8:08 pm

The NAFA truck came through today. I threw my 4 possums, 2 skunks and the coon on it….lol It is time to start planning my vacation. Normally the NAFA truck only comes through this country once or twice for the May sale. Today made their third and final trip this year, for the May sale. The truck still had a few more stops to make after it left my location and it was looking pretty full. The price of fur this year really made a lot of rusty traps come out of the barns and sheds.
Back to top Go down
Bghunter119

Bghunter119

NAFA truck Empty
PostSubject: Re: NAFA truck   NAFA truck EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 8:43 pm

i see some top lot possums in your future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bill1306

bill1306

NAFA truck Empty
PostSubject: Re: NAFA truck   NAFA truck EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 8:46 pm

That is funny, sometimes a top lot possum can be worth as much as $1.27.......lol
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

ridgeback740

NAFA truck Empty
PostSubject: Re: NAFA truck   NAFA truck EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 9:13 pm

Think I'd rather trap muskrats than possum. The return is bigger and the mess in fleshing is way less. I've only skinned one possum in my trapping history as that was the only one I caught. I sold it for around $2 back in the high fur years in the 70's. What it was doing up on a dry ridge still has me puzzled as like I said, it was the only one I caught fur trapping. When I trapped for the govt., I caught lots of them in cage traps when after raccoon and skunks, but they were always near water or swampy areas.
Back to top Go down
bill1306

bill1306

NAFA truck Empty
PostSubject: Re: NAFA truck   NAFA truck EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 9:46 pm

On an average season I will catch 350-400 possums and none of them are welcome in any of my sets. They eat up the bait in the live traps, make a big messy deposit in the bottom of the trap that looks like used axle grease. They have the trap clogged when the target specie arrives to be caught. I hate them. A few years ago I got pressured into putting some of them up and that was the last time I have done it. Even when skinning them they smell like a human body that has been in a warm house for several days decomposing. I can’t get past the smell of them. I would much rather put up skunks. I wished that I had some rats around here. On a brighter note, if they ever have a possum tossing competition in the Olympics, I’m the man for it. I have been tossing them into the weeds for years.
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

ridgeback740

NAFA truck Empty
PostSubject: Re: NAFA truck   NAFA truck EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 11:56 pm

Tossing them sounds like the best plan I've heard of. You are sure right about them stinking, kinda turns my stomach smelling them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NAFA truck Empty
PostSubject: Re: NAFA truck   NAFA truck Empty

Back to top Go down

NAFA truck
Page 1 of 1