Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sold a little bit of fur today.

Go down 
+2
jkelley
nvsage
6 posters
AuthorMessage
nvsage

nvsage

Sold a little bit of fur today. Empty
PostSubject: Sold a little bit of fur today.   Sold a little bit of fur today. EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 12:27 am

Sold may cat for $688 my last 3 good yotes of the season for a $61 avg.
Not to bad of a day. Steve Wood was at our local sale so I was able to chit chat with him a little, what a nice guy All and all a damn good day!!
Back to top Go down
jkelley

jkelley

PostSubject: Re: Sold a little bit of fur today.   Sold a little bit of fur today. EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 12:13 pm

Sounds like you did well on your hides. How did things generally sell at your sale? I hope the market holds out for another week at least. I'm taking mine to Mt. Home.
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: Sold a little bit of fur today.   Sold a little bit of fur today. EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 1:03 pm

Ton of crappy put up on all the yotes and quite a few cats as well. I dont understand how people can walk in and sale garbage like that! Well handled put up cats brought avgs in the $600 range. Sounds like it should hold up for ya jack.
Back to top Go down
jkelley

jkelley

PostSubject: Re: Sold a little bit of fur today.   Sold a little bit of fur today. EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 7:00 pm

Boy thats good to hear. The anticipation is building - only one more week to go!
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: Sold a little bit of fur today.   Sold a little bit of fur today. EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 8:08 pm

Know the guy that bought my fur well. And he will be heading.up there to that sale. Good luck to ya hope you do well.
Back to top Go down
bullschmidt

bullschmidt

PostSubject: Re: Sold a little bit of fur today.   Sold a little bit of fur today. EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 8:53 pm

hey nvsage where did you sell ? sounds like you did well for your efforts
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: Sold a little bit of fur today.   Sold a little bit of fur today. EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 9:30 pm

We just had a sale at the local NDOW office. I was really surprised that there were 5 buyers there. Last couple years we are lucky to get 3 to show up, but it was a good turn out. I do feel like my time spent putting up the yotes right was reworded well compared to others.
Back to top Go down
bullschmidt

bullschmidt

PostSubject: Re: Sold a little bit of fur today.   Sold a little bit of fur today. EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:56 am

That's awesome... You have to love when a plan comes together.
it's nice to be appreciated for your hard work. Congratulations
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: Sold a little bit of fur today.   Sold a little bit of fur today. EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 1:21 pm

They had the tagging for cats in Fallon on the 9th. Had 2 buyers there. Jake from Rocky MTN. and Ray Driscoll. Both gave me good #'s for my last 2 cats! I was very suprised to see the $ holding still. I got even better #'s from my friend in Or. So I mailed them off to him. I think prices will hold out for a while.
Back to top Go down
bill1306

bill1306

PostSubject: Re: Sold a little bit of fur today.   Sold a little bit of fur today. EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 9:34 pm

You all have some really nice cats in Nevada, I wish that ours were that nice.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: Sold a little bit of fur today.   Sold a little bit of fur today. EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 9:56 pm

Thanks Bill. And you lots of knowlage that you share! Thanks for that. Give em you know what next year!
Back to top Go down
bill1306

bill1306

PostSubject: Re: Sold a little bit of fur today.   Sold a little bit of fur today. EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:08 pm

I'm just an old opossum trapper that catches some other junk in his opossum sets sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Bghunter119

Bghunter119

PostSubject: Re: Sold a little bit of fur today.   Sold a little bit of fur today. EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:21 pm

i'll take the junk your holding in your profile pic, even give you a couple possums to boot, LOL
Back to top Go down
bill1306

bill1306

PostSubject: Re: Sold a little bit of fur today.   Sold a little bit of fur today. EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:43 pm

If I would have know you wanted something to skin, I discard somewhere between 300-400 stinking opossums each year. Man I hat those things. On some days I'll have out 20 live traps to catch cats for the urine cages and out of 20 life traps I'll have 21 opossums. I have to clean them out of any area before I can even start trapping. I am starting to feel like I live in the opossum capital of Kansas or maybe even the whole United States......lol The junk that I have in the profile picture was 36 lbs and that was the first cat that I was able to actually get video of walking into a live trap and being caught. I have been a lot of videos of cats being caught since then, but that one is a special one. I have only caught a hand full of cats that weighed more than that one.
Back to top Go down
Bghunter119

Bghunter119

PostSubject: Re: Sold a little bit of fur today.   Sold a little bit of fur today. EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:01 pm

hes definitely a dandy, i am thinking of putting up some skunks this year, nobody ever wants to steal them, and like possums, guys try and give them to you all the time, we caught one possum this year went 14.5 lbs
Back to top Go down
bill1306

bill1306

PostSubject: Re: Sold a little bit of fur today.   Sold a little bit of fur today. EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:19 pm

Most of the opossums that I catch are the small black ones and they don't have any value. I really don't catch many of the large silver ones. I did put up some skunks this year. If you are thinking about putting up some skunks this year, I would suggest that you only put up skunks that have a full white stripe. The skunks that don't have good stripes, don't sell very well. At first all skunks will look the same, but they are all a little different and some are a lot better than others. Skunks are really easy to flesh and stretch, it only takes about 4 minutes to flesh a skunk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sold a little bit of fur today.   Sold a little bit of fur today. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sold a little bit of fur today.
Page 1 of 1