Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

trap placement on a dirt hole set for cats?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
trace30-06

trap placement on a dirt hole set for cats? Empty
PostSubject: trap placement on a dirt hole set for cats?   trap placement on a dirt hole set for cats? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 1:05 am

hello I'm sure this has been a topic many times before, but I'm new to the form and want to here your opinions on trap placement. I'm not new to trapping, but not an expert by any means. i tend to run my traps 5-6in from the hole, and have caught quite a few cats using bait, pee, and a strong gland lure. i was wondering if anyone has a trap placement that works better for targeting cats. I'm about to get a month break from college, and want to max my efficiency of my dirt hole set. the feed back would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: trap placement on a dirt hole set for cats?   trap placement on a dirt hole set for cats? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 10:44 am

I have never set a dirt hole while targeting cats but have picked them up numerous times in my coyote sets. I set all the traps roughly 7-8" from the lip of the hole to center of the pan straight back. That being said I do believe the walkthrough is the king of sets for cats!
Back to top Go down
trace30-06

PostSubject: Re: trap placement on a dirt hole set for cats?   trap placement on a dirt hole set for cats? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 3:19 pm

thanks i don't really get to use many blocked in walkthroughs because of the places i trap. i know i would get many traps taken that way. that is why i have to rely on the good ole dirt hole
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: trap placement on a dirt hole set for cats?   trap placement on a dirt hole set for cats? Empty

Back to top Go down

trap placement on a dirt hole set for cats?
Page 1 of 1