Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nephi Utah Auction Results

Go down 
+4
average at best
rockpile
RAB
trapper76
8 posters
AuthorMessage
trapper76

trapper76

Nephi Utah Auction Results Empty
PostSubject: Nephi Utah Auction Results   Nephi Utah Auction Results EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 11:54 pm

Sale was last weekend. Prices were disappointing. Hope Nevada sale goes better for you boys over west.

http://www.utahtrappers.org/docs/2018_Fur_Sale_Average.pdf

http://www.utahtrappers.org/docs/2018_Fur_Sale.pdf

MY wife and I averaged $282 for 12 cats.
Back to top Go down
RAB

PostSubject: Re: Nephi Utah Auction Results   Nephi Utah Auction Results EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 4:10 am

Thanks for the information. That's a little disappointing for results. What did your cats look like?
Back to top Go down
trapper76

trapper76

PostSubject: Re: Nephi Utah Auction Results   Nephi Utah Auction Results EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 9:15 am

I can't figure out how to post photos. Done it before but ---- old age creeping up on me I guess LOL. Last year we averaged $500. And we had a better average quality this year. Very disappointing.
Back to top Go down
rockpile

PostSubject: Re: Nephi Utah Auction Results   Nephi Utah Auction Results EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 7:47 pm

Very troubling prices in Nephi.

Their sale quantity and quality is very similar to ours.

I hope not but the handwriting is on the wall.
Back to top Go down
RAB

PostSubject: Re: Nephi Utah Auction Results   Nephi Utah Auction Results EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 5:07 am

That's quite the drop. It's not looking good.
Back to top Go down
average at best

PostSubject: Re: Nephi Utah Auction Results   Nephi Utah Auction Results EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 7:29 pm

looking at the results it looks like less top end cats in nephi. Whether that is due to current market or lack of top end cats offered there is something yet to be determined. Overall the idaho and utah sales are actually not that far off on the averages from last year at this time. Still early in the game. Wait on nafa and fallon.
Back to top Go down
RAB

PostSubject: Re: Nephi Utah Auction Results   Nephi Utah Auction Results EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 12:39 am

It will be interesting to see how they play out.
Back to top Go down
boidae1h

PostSubject: beginner posting   Nephi Utah Auction Results EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 4:43 am

I have just started trapping this season (17-18 NV), and have read every post on this site and many others trying to learn all I can. I have found coyotes easy, and grey fox ridiculously easy to catch. I can't seem to get my first bobcat yet, but did get a young mtn. lion, so I think that maybe I'm close. My question is on fur prices, and hoping for some encouragement,
Is/Did this years extended warm and dry season have an impact on the quality of the furs sold in ID? Were they caught early in season? Tonight, 19 Feb 18, in Carson City, it is supposed to hit record lows, could my first cat be a good one? Are the quality of the cats and fox in ID just traditionally the same as Fallon (as i saw in an earlier post) or are there people who were there and can attest to them being of the same quality as this year and last? What is a "blue" coyote? Last question.... at $8.61 average for a grey, I don't think I want them, is there some way to discourage greys w/o scaring b.c.'s? And if anyone wants to see my first cat, copy and paste in youtube .."unintentionally trapped mtn lion".. Not too far from Carson at 7000', 70f* and bone dry dirt. I think it depicts the range conditions, sorry for the video quality, and I normally don't stutter so much, except when talking to girls. Thank you for your responses and mostly to those responsible for this site
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: Nephi Utah Auction Results   Nephi Utah Auction Results EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 8:16 am

Most sales have cats from many different states. Good put up and a good cat is when the prices will show.

Not the best idea to post the lion video.

Those $8 grey fox will pay for your gas and good luck keeping them out of your cat sets.

Coyotes came easy to me but I also struggled with cats. Take your time, find sign, brush it in good and be patient. Patience is the hardest part sometimes the cat line seems slow compared to a coyote line.
Back to top Go down
RAB

PostSubject: Re: Nephi Utah Auction Results   Nephi Utah Auction Results EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 4:01 pm

I only target cats so I don't have answers for some of your questions. I trap in SE Idaho and our winter has been warm and pretty dry. Almost like spring all winter. The cats I have caught are all furred up as well or better than last winter which was one of the worst in recent memory for snow and cold. You should be fine with anything you catch this year.

In the past the early Idaho sales have normally been weaker than the later sales as far as cats go. This is a general rule and there are exceptions. I think it's because the market hasn't really been set until Fallon and the other market things that happen that time of the year so buyers are maybe trying to be careful about overpaying for furs at the early sales.
Back to top Go down
cattrappernv

cattrappernv

PostSubject: Re: Nephi Utah Auction Results   Nephi Utah Auction Results EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 7:29 pm

I also target cats but of course you get the grey's(same area), an occasional coyote, skunk anything that gets curious. I keep basically everything I catch unless it is not a furbearer. they all add up and pay for fuel, supplies or whatever it may be when added up. I usually call coyotes and that is where I get the majority of them. I started with 18 traps and would catch 3-5 cats a season then eventually got up to 60 and have caught up to 20, this years catch. you have to cover some miles looking for the locations and be patient. Nov I caught 4 Dec I caught 10, Jan 4, and Feb so far 2. its always fun to learn. I definitely don't know everything or near close to anything about cats or trapping them, I learn from whatever I can get my hands on or picking the minds of some of you ion here, fur sale, or some of you that I know personally.
Back to top Go down
DESERTMULEY

PostSubject: Re: Nephi Utah Auction Results   Nephi Utah Auction Results EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 9:15 pm

Another site with tons of info is the Lynx Lair. Sign up,tons and tons of info did I say that already..?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nephi Utah Auction Results   Nephi Utah Auction Results Empty

Back to top Go down

Nephi Utah Auction Results
Page 1 of 1