Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

anyone have recipes to share for bob at steaks.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cattrappernv

cattrappernv

anyone have recipes to share for bob at steaks.  Empty
PostSubject: anyone have recipes to share for bob at steaks.    anyone have recipes to share for bob at steaks.  EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 2:31 pm

Just wondered if there is any recipes that are being tried or for any that are out there that someone has. For those that haven't tried it. You are missing out.
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

ridgeback740

PostSubject: Re: anyone have recipes to share for bob at steaks.    anyone have recipes to share for bob at steaks.  EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 12:21 am

Well, with all the other (what I would call good food) running around, I haven't tried it. Besides, ground aged bobcat meat makes some of the best food lure or bait there is for coyotes, fox and other cats when it's made right. But think I'll stick to using it for bait.

I've heard about others eating different animals they caught, but I've only eaten roasted beaver, crocked muskrat and tried a piece of Mt. Lion once. Like crocodile dundee says, " You can survive on it, but it tastes like @#&#." I've got some weird taste buds I guess, I like deer, elk, pork, beef and chicken, so I'll stick to that. Besides, my wife would not stand for me cooking bobcat, coyote, fox or anything else in her kitchen. She's picky that way, and I'm good with that. Its taken her 31 years to train me to stay out of things that are not in my area which cooking is one of them. Remember this, "When momma's happy, (usually) daddy's happy." Bottom line is, I like happy, when it comes to her.

Would be interested to see some recipes though and run them by the wife. I already know what her answer would be.
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: anyone have recipes to share for bob at steaks.    anyone have recipes to share for bob at steaks.  EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 12:41 am

Saw a recipe in the Trapper predator caller in I think it was Aug or Sept edition looked good.
Back to top Go down
cattrappernv

cattrappernv

PostSubject: Re: anyone have recipes to share for bob at steaks.    anyone have recipes to share for bob at steaks.  EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 12:43 am

Was it the BBQ steak one. I think i remember it. I do eat the steaks as they are very tender and taste good.
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: anyone have recipes to share for bob at steaks.    anyone have recipes to share for bob at steaks.  EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 12:58 am

Yep thats the one... the picture of it looked damn good.
Back to top Go down
cattrappernv

cattrappernv

PostSubject: Re: anyone have recipes to share for bob at steaks.    anyone have recipes to share for bob at steaks.  EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 1:20 am

anyone have recipes to share for bob at steaks.  IMG00015-20101129-2012
here is a pic of a piece of steak I gave to nvtrapping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone have recipes to share for bob at steaks.    anyone have recipes to share for bob at steaks.  Empty

Back to top Go down

anyone have recipes to share for bob at steaks.
Page 1 of 1