Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start.

Go down 
+8
tedcrf450
VaderSpade
moneyspots
idayote
nevadaagteacher
Dawgz
nvsage
Cameron2
12 posters
AuthorMessage
moneyspots

moneyspots

Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. Empty
PostSubject: Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start.   Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 2:09 am

I came across this mine shaft. You can see the old wired on ladder built in to the side of it. Then there is the old stove someone tossed down it. It caught my attention because there was a missing person officials thought could possibly be in the area. I stopped and decided to try and see in the bottom of it. I used my camera and zoomed in and could actually see the bottom.

Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. <a href=Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. 110" />

Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. <a href=Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. 210" />

Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. <a href=Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. 310" />

Ok, now you can see something at the bottom. Next I'll zoom in.

Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. <a href=Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. 410" />

Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. <a href=Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. 510" />

Ok. Shiny metal is what I think. Kinda looks like melted aluminum but there is no dust built up on it. So I'm leaning toward mercury. Any other opinions? Please share any strange discoveries you have.
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start.   Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 12:09 pm

Found an elderly couple one year that had tried to come over the back side of the mountain from Pahrump to Vegas . . . at night . . . in the winter . .. in a two wheel drive. Took a wrong side road, and slid off the road and got stuck. The husband had diabetes and neither one could walk more than a hundred yards or so in that terrain. They had no food or water. They thought the sound of the creek down canyon was the highway and that someone would be along just any minute to rescue them. After three days, they cut apart the interior of the pickup for insulation. The husband was going into diabetic shock when I found them. Loaded them both in the Toyota and blasted for town. We stopped at a place outside of town so they could call their adult son in Pahrump and let him know they were still alive. I'll never forget hearing him sobbing on the other end of the line since he'd given his folks up for dead days before -- didn't know where they were or where to even start looking.
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start.   Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 5:54 pm

Moneyspots sure looks like mercury to me.

Cameron2 Sounds like the Canadian couple that happen to a couple years ago on the Idaho border by Jackpot. The husband went for help and never made it. The women survived on trail mix and spring water for 48 days. Some lion hunters found the women and some other hunters found the mans remains a year and a half later. Sounds like you showed up just in time.
Back to top Go down
Dawgz

PostSubject: Re: Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start.   Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 10:51 am

And the silly thing is that couple on the ID border only had to walk back to the Rolland Ranch it wasn't that far of a walk. The Gazetter Maps are very misleading to the average city folk.
Haven't found to much of anything interesting other than being stuck in mud holes usually the only one in miles and it's in the middle of the road in a giant rock patch.
Had found a couple trap caches like 2 or 3 traps from days long gone. They'd been there for years. Chains almost rusted off and so forth.
Back to top Go down
nevadaagteacher

nevadaagteacher

PostSubject: Re: Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start.   Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 12:32 am

The first strange thing coming to my mind is that one time checking traps I was driving back out of a canyon there were four naked people filming a pretty crazy video along the road. The women ducked for cover and the guys went to go shut off the camera on a tripod. Not cool at all to finish the day off seeing old naked people running around after they saw my truck coming down the road pale

Made me want to buy a diesel so people could hear me coming down the road.

No I don't have any photos to share.
Back to top Go down
idayote

PostSubject: Re: Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start.   Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 7:41 pm

I got a real surprise while checking my trap line many years ago in a remote area. It was a cold pouring rain in December...ahead of me I saw two adults walking near a creek. It was a man and wife in their early twenties with a 2 month old baby....they were all soaked to the bone! I got them in my truck quickly and turned up the heater full blast and got them to town pronto. They had attempted to cross a flood swollen creek in a new Ford 4X4 truck and they were washed down stream for half a mile...it was a miracle that they were able to swim out of that creek...it was really boiling! What timing that I came along when I did...they all certainly would have perished without immediate help. 25 years later I met the 2 month old infant again...he turned out to be a good young man...it made me feel real good to see him.
Back to top Go down
moneyspots

moneyspots

PostSubject: Re: Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start.   Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 10:20 pm

Wow you guys have some scary stories.

I have another strange discovery from yesterday. Check out the bushes growing upside down on the ceiling of this little cave.

Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. <a href=Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. Ncm_0212" />

Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. <a href=Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. Ncm_0213" />

Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. <a href=Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. Ncm_0214" />
Back to top Go down
VaderSpade

VaderSpade

PostSubject: Re: Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start.   Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 2:59 pm

If that is mercury it could be loaded with gold. In my gold dredging days about 1/3 of the gold I found was covered with mercury.
Mercury itself has some value.
Back to top Go down
http://www.VaderTactical.com
moneyspots

moneyspots

PostSubject: Re: Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start.   Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 11:16 pm

VaderSpade I really know nothing about mercury except it is very hazardous. I was thinking that someone thought that would be a good place to get rid of it and dumped it in. If you are interested in taking a closer look some time PM me.
Back to top Go down
tedcrf450

tedcrf450

PostSubject: Re: Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start.   Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 1:35 pm

Found while shed antler hunting, but trapping related!
Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. Img_0010

Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. Img_0013

Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. Img_0014

Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. Img_0810
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start.   Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 1:55 pm

That is cool!!! Probably an interesting story there to that old trap. Wonder how many years it has hung in that tree?
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start.   Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 2:34 am

Nice Ted! That is awesome.

Well going through photobucket account forgot about this guy! This was first week of February about 4 years ago checking traps with my dad on his line. Previous check he told me he killed a rattle snake up on the rim.... Didn't think much of it at the time. So first trap we come to has a nice Tom in it... Good way to start the day. So we make our way down the the next traps and he tells me again this is where we killed the snake last check. I look down about 2ft from where he was point and see this guy taking in that warm morning sun and say like that one! When we left the truck that morning it was 5* after looking around some more you could see a large horizontal crack at the base of the rim that went way in there. Figured we found a rattler den. So no matter the time of year I always have my eyes pealed at this little rim.
Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. 3302snake-1
Back to top Go down
Dawgz

PostSubject: Re: Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start.   Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 9:27 pm

You keep the snakes!
Cool trap in tree, to bad it had been burnt.
Back to top Go down
ryanf73

ryanf73

PostSubject: Re: Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start.   Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Not really strange but I thought it was pretty cool. I was checking traps on my 4wheeler 2 weeks ago and ran across this. .

https://youtu.be/qUMXSPEgf9o
Back to top Go down
prariewolf

prariewolf

PostSubject: Re: Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start.   Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 1:48 pm

Really cool Don't know where you were , but it is obviously good Elk Habitat in the winter ..LOL
Back to top Go down
coloradocat

PostSubject: Re: Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start.   Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:46 pm

This one happened to me one morning going smallmouth bass fishing.

I had left early one morning to go float tube for smallies on a lake near Rifle. Thought I would fish for a couple of hours while the spawn was hot and still be back to work by 9ish. I headed off across a place we call the cut off, a isolated road that by passes a big loop of I-70, saves about 30 minutes. I approach a corner that has silage pits on it, and I see a guy soaking wet jumping up and down with his arms behind his back. I just cruised on pass when it hit me, that was really kinda weird so I turned around and went back. I coming rolling up, and he runs to the window, tells me he was kidnapped in Denver early the previous evening at a ATM. I get out, shine the light on him, and sure enough he is duct taped behind his back so tight his elbows are touching. He asks if I will cut him free, and "Im like, nope! Theres a reason your hands are taped behind your back" and I will give ya a ride to the next house and we will call the sheriff. I dropped the tailgate and he scooted himself in. I know what you guys are thinking, that Im kinda of a butt for doing that, but I didn't know his story. Anywho, get him to a house of a guy I know, get him cut loose, wet clothes shed off from falling in a irrigation ditch., and some hot coffee. Long story short, he did very well get kidnapped from Denver and whacked in the head.

Moral of the story, if I run across you at 4 in the morning with your arms taped behind your back, you have a cold No swearing ride somewhere in the back of the truck.
Back to top Go down
Loverfighterwildbullrider

PostSubject: Re: Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start.   Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 1:09 am

Believe it or not I ran into a bunch of hippie girls out in the middle of the black rock desert one time, they hadn't seen a man in weeks, I had to high tail it to make my escape, than God I'm quick on my feet!! Good grief, I shudder to think what might have happened. still shakin
Back to top Go down
moneyspots

moneyspots

PostSubject: Re: Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start.   Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 1:31 am

Loverfighterwildbullrider, I can't say the results of that story would of ended the same for me. Of course that story would be the same if I was to tell it to anyone. Lol

I don't always drink beer, but when I do it's not Dosequis. Stay thirsty my friends
Back to top Go down
Loverfighterwildbullrider

PostSubject: Re: Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start.   Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 6:07 am

Haha, stay thirsty my friends. Methinks someone knows who I am.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start.   Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start. Empty

Back to top Go down

Share your strange discoveries on the line. I’ll start.
Page 1 of 1