Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Antis again....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cameron2

Antis again.... Empty
PostSubject: Antis again....   Antis again.... EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:01 pm

See what kind of garbage we have to deal with??

http://www.reviewjournal.com/columns-blogs/john-l-smith/animal-activists-have-yet-target-trappers
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

Antis again.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antis again....   Antis again.... EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:32 pm

What an idiot! Guess I need to send him a email too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bullschmidt

bullschmidt

Antis again.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antis again....   Antis again.... EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:48 pm

Wow .. Speaking of individuals with Too Much time on their hands...
This Noozle couldn't snag his back pockets with both hands..
First of all I love the Image of traps on the article ... Straight out of "The Nightmare Before Christmas".
Then Mr. Noozle try's to paint the picture of a Bygone Era .. Like it has No merit.. Typical Liberal Drivel
suggesting that if it is in the Past it Has no Bearing on Our Future.. ( Just like the Bubble gummer Air Heads.. Ahh that is Soooo Last Year !! ).
Then he pokes lite at the Legislatures.. Hmmm I'm thinking his timming is Poor.. ( obviously he is unaware of the "let Sleeping Dog's Lye" theory.. )
OHH and My goodness those Poor Golden Eagles.. The same species that is regularly hit by large trucks and killed or by Wind Generators and the infamous High voltage power line encounters.
And I wonder how those that are in Philosophical Opposition feel on the subject of Wide Spread Disease and the possible increase of Adverse Human/Wildlife encounters .. Like poor little Fluffy being dragged into the underbrush by Wile E. Coyote on the end of her leash. While the Liberal Tub of Gooo Owner cries for help because they are inept or unwilling to Scuff the Manicure they just received from Geraldo ( who is very good I hear )..
Okay I'll stop now .. No wait !! I gotta do it..
I must Agree with Stephanie Myers ( Hmm.. I think the first name should be Quag ) .. To use the Accurate portion of her Quote..... " I don't KNOW what Is" ......

Thank you Tracy for keeping us in the loop.. We definitely need to Remain Vigilant..
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

Antis again.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antis again....   Antis again.... EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 2:33 pm

I must ponder on this article for a little bit before I respond to him. Oh but I will for sure count on that!!! Just don't want the old Lamb Justice coming out before I get my point across??? Or maybe I could just save my breath and club him like a baby harp seal!!! Go Greenpeace!!!
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

Antis again.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antis again....   Antis again.... EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 2:36 pm

Hahahaha! Matt, we truly are kindred spirits!

I hope everyone will take the time to email the author. If we don't we are just helping him perpetuate the falsehoods in his article.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

Antis again.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antis again....   Antis again.... EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 4:03 pm

I am working on that now. Just need some time to get my words together!!!! You like the baby harp seal didn't ya!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Razz Razz Razz Razz 
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

Antis again.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antis again....   Antis again.... EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 7:59 pm

Check out this response:

In response to John Smith's article complaining that activists (like himself) haven't yet targeted trappers, you are wrong on all counts there John.

Activists HAVE been targeting trappers (and hunters and fisherman and ranchers and research labs) forever in this country. Activists long on emotion but short on facts or the truth have been showing up at state and county wildlife board meetings for last 40 years. They claim, as you do, that dogs are caught and maimed (yet no veterinarians can be found who have ever treated such an injury). They claim, as you do, that trapping is self regulated (yet there are reams of regulations pertaining to trapping and an entire force of wardens hired to enforce these laws). They claim, as you do, that the number of non target animals reportedly caught is extremely conservative. Yet the opposite is true. If you had bothered to check with the biologist who manages this program you would have learned the numbers are actually skewed drastically in the opposite direction. The biologists readily admit that they get survey returns from a minority who are the very active and successful trappers but modeling requires them to adjust survey results upward for those who do not report meaning those who did not trap at all in a given year or trap very little. The results you quoted as fact may be off by as much as 90%.

And why John, does an experienced journalist like yourself provide space to quote an activist (and neighbor of yours), Stephanie Meyers, yet not one word was allowed from a trapping or conservation organization for an opposing viewpoint? A little bias maybe?

Since you didn't ask, John, and didn't bother to look it up, I will give you a few reasons why trapping is alive and well in Nevada and every other state in the union. "Trapping is an effective method for managing or studying furbearers, controlling damages caused by furbearers, and reducing the spread of harmful diseases." -The Wildlife Society. "The professional wildlife conservation community universally endorses traps and trapping as critical and essential wildlife management tools." -Nevada Dept. of Wildlife. And concerning your activist friends: "some special interest groups oppose trapping of animals in general, but this can actually compromise animal welfare". - The American Veterinary Medical Association.

Wildlife in Nevada today is abundant, healthy, and on the increase in almost every area and species. So much so that we have seen a rash of pets being killed and eaten by wildlife in Las Vegas in recent years and school shutdowns because of menacing predators. Our wildlife is managed carefully by professionals in our state wildlife department. As quoted by them, hunting and trapping are critical and essential wildlife management tools that are used to maintain this healthy balance.

-Mary Maguire
Las Vegas, NV
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

Antis again.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antis again....   Antis again.... EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 8:05 pm

Man I love that sooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bullschmidt

bullschmidt

Antis again.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antis again....   Antis again.... EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 11:05 pm

OH Man I thought I posted my email to John Smith earlier today on here.
Anywho I went to the news paper article and low and behold the image that originally was
the array of traps with pointed teeth.. Is suddenly now a innocuous photo of a yote..
That was one of my points in my email. Of how an Educated writer would be aware that traps with teeth are Illegal..
So It would appear that all you fine trappers are making your presence known ..
Excellent response Mary..

Thank You All
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

Antis again.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antis again....   Antis again.... EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 11:27 pm

I still say club him like a baby harp seal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bounce 
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

ridgeback740

Antis again.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antis again....   Antis again.... EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 12:16 am

And if you don't own or can get a club, let me know as I will make as many that will be needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Antis again.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antis again....   Antis again.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Antis again....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bobcats R Us :: Trapping-
Jump to: