Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An Idea -

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
trapper777

An Idea - Empty
PostSubject: An Idea -   An Idea - EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 5:19 pm

A few years ago - I wrote a short book on trapping bobcats - We used it as a fund raiser for the Arizona Trappers Asso. It was called - Strait Talk On Bobcat Trapping  - It sold it for $12  and made the asso. approx. $1200 -

With all the knowledge on this forum - It would be cool to produce a book of favorite sets - lure formulas -trapping tips - fur put - up, etc - all forum members could participate - Limit everyone to a maximum of one page - Everyone would get credit for their contribution to the book -

It would be simple affair -

The company Staples could copy and staple it together -We could sell it for approx. $12 - We would need to check cost of postage and price Staples would charge before coming up with final price - Checks could be made to National Trappers Assso, - or Furtakers  - Trappers Choise - and the money would be sent directly to them - We could raise money for trapping and at the same time produce a terrific tool for cat trappers -
I don't mind doing the leg work - Let me know -

I hauled my fur to my N A F A drop off last night and I already have the   TRAPPING DT'S -

Mike
Back to top Go down
jason1040

An Idea - Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea -   An Idea - EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 9:08 pm

I'm sure a few of the members on here have more than one page worth of experience.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

An Idea - Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea -   An Idea - EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 10:02 pm

Sounds like a pretty cool idea! I would really have to work at it to keep it to one page. Great Idea and thanks for the thought! Trapper777
Back to top Go down
trapper777

An Idea - Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea -   An Idea - EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 8:09 am

Lets forget the one page maximum - When i mentioned that -I was thinking about the size of the book - If we get too many pages for one book we can make part two - part three  - or what ever -I just think something like this would be enjoyable to do -  we could tap the best minds in the business - and raise money for trapping -
Back to top Go down
jason1040

An Idea - Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea -   An Idea - EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 10:52 am

I think you have a great idea on the book, I know I would definitely buy a copy.
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

An Idea - Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea -   An Idea - EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 6:01 pm

777--

We had earlier talked about getting together to talk over the Rendezvous, but meet in a place where we could actually stir around in the dirt and talk over different ideas of how/where/why we trap. Maybe we could combine the idea with the book and have a picture tutorial to go along with it. I have a couple real good cameras and we could take a lot of photos to add to the book. I think a lot more ideas would come out if there was a group of us there talking, spinning ideas off each other. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
trapper777

An Idea - Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea -   An Idea - EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 6:19 pm

Great idea -
I would like to hear from others that are interested in contributing - The more involved the better
777-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

An Idea - Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea -   An Idea - Empty

Back to top Go down

An Idea -
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bobcats R Us :: Trapping-
Jump to: