Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

electronic trap calls

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bghunter119

PostSubject: electronic trap calls   Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:32 pm

anybody make them that only turns on at night? would like to try one or two next season with my cages

Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: electronic trap calls   Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:58 pm

wasatch wildlife calls. I have 2 and can't say that I have had much luck with them???
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

PostSubject: Re: electronic trap calls   Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:59 pm

A guy in Utah makes a squealer that has a photo cell in it and will only come on at dusk, then turn off as it gets daylight. You can put duct tape over the photo cell eye and it will run constantly. I'm not sure if I'm spelling it correctly, but the name to google is Wasatch??? I have two different models they make. One is programable as far as sound and length of sounds, the other just has a squealer (rabbit I believe), and you can adjust the length of the sound it emits by a couple of different settings. I didn't use them this year as I only trapped for a short time and was near areas where others frequent. I believe that using them in these types of areas only serve to let people know where your trap is and you take a chance of theft. I think if you were to use them in a spot and back away fifty or so yards, you would benefit more from their use. I've heard that some predators are a little wary about coming right into them, but others say that isn't so. You would have to do the trial and error thing to see how they would best work for you in your area.
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

PostSubject: Re: electronic trap calls   Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:05 pm

Bucksnbows, as I stated above, I believe they would work much like a using a bait station. I have a friend who said that he doesn't set any closer than about 50 yards from them and uses them where three or more canyons come together and he believed they work best that way. He won't set very close to them as he says he has seen where coyotes will sometimes come in about 50 yards from the (as they work every couple of mins at the longest setting) and they will circle and try and wind what the situation is. For cats, I can't really say. Bought these units last March, and haven't put them to the test yet.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: electronic trap calls   Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:13 pm

That might work??? Doesn't hurt to try!!
Back to top Go down
bill1306

PostSubject: Re: electronic trap calls   Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:26 pm

I have had a lot of different companies send me calls over the last few years and for the most part they aren’t worth using. Around a cage traps they will attract hawks and owls faster than a cat can find the cage. I have some that chirp, squeal and make dying rabbit noises. In the mountains the one that chirps works the best. It sounds like the squirrels that inhabit the areas. The best use I have found for them is to set one at a windmill (with or without water) in the middle of a pasture and then set ever cattle trail leading to the windmill with snares and then turn it on and leave. In some locations it can be pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down

electronic trap calls

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1