Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
not@home

Deer Empty
PostSubject: Deer   Deer EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:51 pm

Im sort of new to Trapping but was wondering if anyone has ever had a deer in one of your traps? I found a yearling in one of my sets last week but it was dead assuming that coyotes took it down as the hind quarters were eaten. Not sure what I would have done if it had still been alive.

any help would be appreciated
Back to top Go down
rockpile

Deer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer   Deer EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 7:51 am

I was having trouble catching things I didn't want to catch years ago when I used Bridger No. 3 Coil Spring traps. And I didn't like the high catches on cats.

These traps were tricked out with four coils and laminated, heavy base plates, etc. They were just too big and powerful. Overkill.

Since I switched to MB550s all of the non target problems including lions have all but disappeared.

Bigger is not better.
Back to top Go down
not@home

Deer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer   Deer EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 2:54 pm

The Deer I mentioned was caught in a Bridger#2 Dogless laminated two coil which came as a four coil
Same set had the remains of a Jackrabbit it it the last trap check, coyote tracks all around the set.
Back to top Go down
rockpile

Deer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer   Deer EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 10:30 pm

Not,

one deer does not a trend make. So to speak. And if it were still alive just put your jacket or a towel over its head and eyes and let it out of the trap the best you can. With help its a lot easier.

I have always heard very good things about the Bridger no. 2 and I had a couple of them at one time along with using ten dozen No. 3's. But with the four coils and laminated it is a high powered trap.
IMO you don't need to four coil this trap to hold coyotes and cats.

I don't think you need to chuck them just yet either. One deer might be a fluke. But keep an eye on things. And best of luck this season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer   Deer Empty

Back to top Go down

Deer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bobcats R Us :: Trapping-
Jump to: