Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ks Furharvester survey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bghunter119

Bghunter119

Ks Furharvester survey Empty
PostSubject: Ks Furharvester survey   Ks Furharvester survey EmptyThu May 14, 2009 10:01 pm

How many of you kansas folks got a survey for last fall? i did, what did you think of the questions on the coni's and snares, i put leave the regs the way they are, we are regulated plenty now i think. let me know what you think if you got one

Go to Kdwp site under hunting and read the pending draft regulations, mainly the august 6, 2009 60 day notice, there is alot of rewording and changing in it
Back to top Go down
bill1306

bill1306

PostSubject: Re: Ks Furharvester survey   Ks Furharvester survey EmptyFri May 15, 2009 9:07 am

I filled out the survey and now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside............personally I don't trap any public land, but I do worry that if they start making trap and snare restrictions on public ground it will slowly move to a statewide regulation and we won't be able to use them anywhere. Part of the problem I have with it is, a trapper pays the same for his license as a hunter pays, if they want to be fair and restrict the types of traps, trappers can use on public ground to protect dogs, maybe they should restrict hunters by not letting them use dogs on public grounds. There is only two weeks of trapping season open after the closing of all of the upland bird season and it was in that two week period last year when the dog was caught and killed.
Back to top Go down
Bghunter119

Bghunter119

PostSubject: Re: Ks Furharvester survey   Ks Furharvester survey EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:48 pm

I'm like you, i dont trap public land, but like you said, how long till it is statewide and not just public land, i like to hunt and the license is the same price, but we also have to have a furbearer license too, dont get me wrong, it was a sad thing that he lost his dog, but we go thru the same degree af jepordey during hunting season too,we trap thru upland season , deer season and predator hunters, seen alot of fly by night hunters here, we orange up from head to toe all season for safety here, alot of lead flying around
Back to top Go down
bill1306

bill1306

PostSubject: Re: Ks Furharvester survey   Ks Furharvester survey EmptySun May 31, 2009 9:04 am

Bg, did you hear what the Ks state trappers assc have done? I have been told by a couple of people that they sent a letter to the Wildlife and Parks commissioners and the secretary to support a ban on body grip traps being used on any of the public land in Ks.
Back to top Go down
utahcoyote
Admin
utahcoyote

PostSubject: Re: Ks Furharvester survey   Ks Furharvester survey EmptySun May 31, 2009 3:44 pm

Man that would suck to have trappers do that. I hope for your sake that wasnt the case.
Back to top Go down
https://bobcatsrus.forumotion.net
bill1306

bill1306

PostSubject: Re: Ks Furharvester survey   Ks Furharvester survey EmptySun May 31, 2009 4:49 pm

I have had several people tell me that and they are people that I trust. PS Do you want to buy a bunch of body grip traps?
Back to top Go down
Bghunter119

Bghunter119

PostSubject: Re: Ks Furharvester survey   Ks Furharvester survey EmptySun May 31, 2009 7:11 pm

i didnt hear that, kinda lets you know where the loyalties are if they are supporting traps being banned, sounds like it might need an overhaul, i thought these organizations where suppose to be pro trapping, not anti, because if they get it there, its only a matter of time before its everywhere, then if another state catches wind,it could be a pandemic of our own
Back to top Go down
utahcoyote
Admin
utahcoyote

PostSubject: Re: Ks Furharvester survey   Ks Furharvester survey EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 9:43 am

well if it happens, yeah I may be in the market for some bodygrips
Back to top Go down
https://bobcatsrus.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ks Furharvester survey   Ks Furharvester survey Empty

Back to top Go down

Ks Furharvester survey
Page 1 of 1