Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

hunting cats

Go down 
+3
Tomcat
dgarrett
bobcat
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bobcat

hunting cats Empty
PostSubject: hunting cats   hunting cats EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 11:09 am

pretty neat bunch of topics on here but nothing about running them w/ dogs? any hounds hunters on here?
Back to top Go down
dgarrett

hunting cats Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting cats   hunting cats EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 11:09 pm

Ive had hounds for years. Just last year i sold all but my female and just made her my house dog. I almost completely quit trapping when i was running hounds. I gave the hound hunting all my time energy and money. 350 mile nights looking for tracks and doing it for 2 months straight and then 3 days a week after that was all i could handle. Then just couldnt wait till it warmed up for coonhunting. Id sure like to see them add a general topic and a hound topic place where we could tell our lies and show our pictures ect. dgarrett
Back to top Go down
bobcat

hunting cats Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting cats   hunting cats EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 7:35 am

"Id sure like to see them add a general topic and a hound topic place where we could tell our lies and show our pictures ect."

Very Happy me too. i catch alot of cats by accendent in my fox and coyote sets but preffer to run them with hounds. it would be nice to have a hound sub-topic.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat

hunting cats Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting cats   hunting cats EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 1:08 am

I still have a couple blueticks that I run coons with but I don't do it near as much as I used to. I have been on a few lion hunts and loved that.
Back to top Go down
Dawgz

hunting cats Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting cats   hunting cats EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 8:04 am

Between the dogs and I, I don't know who is older and more crippled up.
Use to run lions with a good bunch of hounds, they've all passed on now.
This new bunch of dogs have ran a few lions, but somehow they all got old too.
Its hair raising fun, now the good cat country is over run with wolves and the other areas with no wolves is totally over run with other hound guys. First snow of the season its like take a number and wait to get up or down any roads to find a track. Actually sickening.
Back to top Go down
twopipe

hunting cats Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting cats   hunting cats EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 4:51 pm

My passion is hunting bobcats with hounds. Here is a picture of one that we got last year that weighed 39 pounds.

hunting cats Dsc_0010
Back to top Go down
http://www.mntrailhound.com
twopipe

hunting cats Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting cats   hunting cats EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 4:52 pm

Here is the last one we got last season. It weighed 40 pounds.

hunting cats 1-3-0910
Back to top Go down
utahcoyote
Admin
utahcoyote

hunting cats Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting cats   hunting cats EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 5:10 pm

Nice what part of the country are those cats from?
Back to top Go down
https://bobcatsrus.forumotion.net
gunn308

gunn308

hunting cats Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting cats   hunting cats EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 1:58 am

Only got to take my pup out twice this season first time out we tracked for 3.5 miles and when we came to a plowed road off came the snow shoes and we hoofed it back to the truck, 2 1/2' - 3' of snow,1 1/2 yr. old leashed pup and snow shoes these 56yr. old legs were like rubber. Second time out after 20 min. we jumped a Tom and I unclipped, pup isn't open on trail but after 40 min I heard him in a swamp found him under a big old cedar but no Tom so we started circling this Tom had been run before he went over 4 trees jumped out crossed a beaver dam and high tailed it after about 1/2 hr of tracking and praising up the pup I had to call it quits pup didn't want to but I wasn't about chase him all night, didn't want to quit because he was doing such a great job. I haven't been cat hunting since my late 20s sure has changed used to be you could take your pick of tracks and if you didn't find something fresher you could go back to one of the ones you passed up but no more you find one you better take it if you don't some one else will, in just my 2 times out I ran across 4 other groups of dogs and hunters. I wanted to get out more but my daughter got selected to speed skate for Team USA at the Special Olympics World Games in Boise and I'm her coach so we had to put in some extra ice time. Oh well coyotes are plentiful maybe my pup can run them, at the least he can decoy and maybe even blood track if I can't do my job. Hey Twopipe where you at those are BIG cats, they look like eastern cats they are not spotted up like most of the westerns I've seen, buddy of mine trapped a 38 lb. Tom this season he was worried when his young partner called and said "We got a big cat" first thing he thought was OH OH we got a Lynx but it wasn't most of our cats are 20-25 lb biggest I've seen was 44 lb.
Back to top Go down
twopipe

hunting cats Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting cats   hunting cats EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 9:03 am

Those cats are from Minnesota. Not all of them are that big and we don't get a nicely spotted one very often. I've only seen two taken here that had real nice spots. We try to run the biggest tracks we can find but I would say the average size cat we take is somewhere between 28-32 pounds. The average last year was 32 pounds.
Back to top Go down
utahcoyote
Admin
utahcoyote

hunting cats Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting cats   hunting cats EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 11:39 pm

You now have a forum for running dogs
Back to top Go down
https://bobcatsrus.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

hunting cats Empty