Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Rheumatoid Arthritis

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dennis81082

PostSubject: Rheumatoid Arthritis   Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:03 am

Been a member for a couple of years.

I didn't trap last year because of this danged disease. My painful hands are the problem. It really hurts while skinning and after for a day or two. I guess I'm an old sissy (70).

Any of you have the same problem, maybe a solution to get me back to trapping?

I've been getting doctored for a lot of years but it's getting worse and nothing really helps. I did see a new Dr this summer that gave me shots of painkiller into the knuckles of my index and middle fingers on both hands. That helped a bunch but is wearing off. I have an appointment to see him again next week. I don't know if I can continue with the shots long term or not. Seems like the cold weather doesn't help either.

Pretty hard to skin without using those fingers. Maybe someone here can offer some idea's that will help.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
nevadaagteacher

PostSubject: Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis   Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:57 am

I had a blood clot a while back in my leg and I love to run so my doctor prescribed a subscription of Meloxicam. it is used for RA and is an anti inflammatory. I don't like to advocate for a drug but it sure does help me!
Back to top Go down
Dennis81082

PostSubject: Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis   Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:32 am

nevadaagteacher wrote:
I had a blood clot a while back in my leg and I love to run so my doctor prescribed a subscription of Meloxicam.  it is used for RA and is an anti inflammatory. I don't like to advocate for a drug but it sure does help me!

Thanks for the reply.

I use an anti inflammatory but will ask Dr about changing to another.

I guess what I was asking about was a different technique. A way to help get the hide off. Not pulling as much with my fingers and not damage the fur. I've seen video of guys skinning a deer by tying a rope around the bunched up hide and using a mechanical device to help pull. I'm not sure that would work without ruining a valuable cat but it doesn't hurt to ask. Maybe someone had an idea I could try.
Back to top Go down
nvsage

PostSubject: Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis   Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:00 pm

Have you thought about making a skinning rig with a wench hooked up to it so that you don't have to pull at all. One that goes right in the receiver of you truck or something like that. Guy by the name of ~ADC~
Over on trapper man makes a nice skinning rig set up.
Back to top Go down
nvsage

PostSubject: Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis   Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:04 pm

Here is the link. If you contact Jamie he might be able to do some custom work for you if you let him know what you need. He is a good dude.
http://iowatrapperstalk.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/5/ADC's_Skinning_Machines_For_Sa#Post5
Back to top Go down
Dennis81082

PostSubject: Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis   Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:49 am

That is something I will look at. I might be able to put something similar together but I will talk to Jamie first.

Has anyone here used that method on cats? Any opinions good or bad? Would a hand crank work as well? The video in the link shows it works well on coyotes and coons. Seems like a hand crank would keep a guy from ripping a cat by going slow.

I would like to hear from someone that has used that method. Tearing up a high dollar cat would make me cry.

Thanks nvsage, that might be just what I need
Back to top Go down
rockpile

PostSubject: Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis   Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:09 pm

Dennis,

You could train someone and pay them to skin and put up for you. Particularly with cats, they have some much value that paying $20 bucks to skin, flesh and put up is not much of a hit.
Back to top Go down
Dennis81082

PostSubject: Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis   Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:26 am

rockpile wrote:
Dennis,

You could train someone and pay them to skin and put up for you.  Particularly with cats, they have some much value that paying $20 bucks to skin, flesh and put up is not much of a hit.

That's true if I could find someone I could trust to work when I needed them to be there.

My son would be choice # 1 but he's a typical teenager, to busy to do much except eat. lol

I can handle the fur put up but getting the hide off is the biggest problem.

Back to top Go down
coloradocat

PostSubject: Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis   Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:33 pm

Dennis,

My wife has suffered from RA for years. Beat around the bush with doctors for many of them. Until she went to the Denver Arthritis Clinic. They put her on a natural injection Enbril. Very expensive but works great. And way better for your body besides steroids and chemo drugs. Look into it, you will be pleased.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis   

Back to top Go down

Rheumatoid Arthritis
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1