Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

NEED YOUR HELP . . . .

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cameron2

PostSubject: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:30 pm

I don't often ask for help, but when I do, I go to real talented people . . .

OK, it was kind of dorky . . . but I really need your help. Trappers have two VITAL pieces of legislation on deck this Nevada legislative session. Instead of playing defense like we have done in the past at the legislature, this time we're playing offense. We are taking the fight to the antis. Here's what we have: First, a proposed Constitutional Amendment protecting the right to hunt, trap and fish in Nevada. This legislation has been passed by at least 18 other states (Idaho being one of the more recent ones). Its time for Nevada to get on board.
The second is a public education program to portray hunting, fishing and similar outdoor activities in a positive manner, and funded with a small fee from hunting license. Colorado did this program recently and has seen HUGE upside results. Colorado wisely began playing offense, instead of playing defense.

Right now we have the political "wind in our sails" so to speak. We have brave, courageous legislators who are willing to step up and help us, but they have to hear from us . . . they have to be convinced that this silent majority really wants to have hunting, trapping and fishing a protected right.

Here's what you need to do:

Please click on the link below and register a vote for SJR11 and SB 163, you can leave comments there as well.

​https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Opinions/78th2015/A/

SJR11 is a bill to guarantee the right to Hunt, trap, and fish in the Nevada constitution.

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/78th2015/Reports/history.cfm?ID=513

SB163 creates a fund and a panel to implement a PR campaign to educate the general public about wildlife, wildlife management, and the source of funding by sportsmen. Also how hunting, trapping, and fishing are used as wildlife management tools.

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/78th2015/Bills/SB/SB163.pdf

The antis are trying to amend trapping out of the bills. Vote on the link above, then send a personal email to the following Senators:

Scott.Hammond@sen.state.nv.us
Don.Gustavson@sen.state.nv.us
Pete.Goicoechea@sen.state.nv.us
James.Settelmeyer@sen.state.nv.us

Senator Hammond is the primary sponsor of both bills, Senators Gustavson is the chairman of the committee and a co sponsor of SJR11, Senators Goicochea and Settelmeyer are also co sponsors of SJR11.

Assemblywoman Amber Joiner is a co sponsor on SB163, please send her a letter of thanks as well

Amber.Joiner@asm.state.nv.us

We can do some major good this session if we all pitch in!!
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:29 pm

Right now the tally on public opinion voting is

47 in favor of the Constitutional Amendment and
36 against.
Back to top Go down
Wildcat

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:42 pm

Will non-resident votes help or be counted?
Back to top Go down
nvsage

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:34 pm

Word is spreading like Crazy through all the Nevada Trapping Facebook pages. Cameron2 where can we see what the count is or do you have an update?
Back to top Go down
hezzy

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:30 pm

My wife and I did our part.

A big thanks to Cameron2 for keeping us informed!
Back to top Go down
CRA

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:42 pm

Voted and commented on both bills. Sent emails out to everyone listed. Appreciate keeping us in the loop on these bills. Proud that Nevada is on the offense with the anti's and doing their part to see Nevadan's are educated in wildlife conservation and proper management.
Back to top Go down
nevadaagteacher

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:19 pm

Thanks Cameron2 for the heads up and reminder. I've been meaning to register my opinion all day but just got off my butt and did it. My wife did the same. I'll send emails to the legislatures tomorrow at lunch.
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:50 am

nvsage wrote:
Word is spreading like Crazy through all the Nevada Trapping Facebook pages. Cameron2 where can we see what the count is or do you have an update?

Go to this link, and then enter the number of the bill (either SB163 or SJR11) and it will show you all the comments, for and against.

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/AppCF/Opinion/78th2015/vwComments.cfm
Back to top Go down
nvsage

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:05 pm

Thank you Tracy! Some great comments and lots of votes.
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:06 pm

Along with some scary comments by the Antis!!!
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:07 pm

Voting done and emails sent. I encourage all of you to do the same to protect our future and our children's future!!
Back to top Go down
sweny

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:10 pm

My vote is in as well. Man sure are a lot of anti's out going against us.
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:21 pm

sweny wrote:
My vote is in as well. Man sure are a lot of anti's out going against us.

Sweny:

That's the perception THEY WANT YOU TO HAVE. In fact, there are about a dozen in the state that actively do anything. I can read those comments and bet I could tell you which ones wrote which comments. Don't give into the idea that there are "a bunch of them." There aren't. There are far more sporting families and we have science and data on our side . . . they have emotionally based arguments. EVERY TIME there has been a public meeting on trapping, we have outnumbered them by large margins -- sometimes 10 to 1. They want you to believe there are "a bunch of them." That's what they want the legislature to believe. They want the Wildlife Commission to believe the same thing. Don't fall for it.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:09 pm

That's a big 10-4 Cameron2! Well said. And like he said not a whole lot of science goes into what they preach. And some of them ( old crusty ) shouldn't be speaking at all!!!
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:03 pm

March 11, 2015

SJR11 has 134 comments
125 in favor and 9 against

SB163 has 130 comments
89 in favor 41 against
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:27 pm

Oh, and just one more item of information. I know some of you may feel like we are being sort of overly zealous in our protection of hunting, trapping and fishing. After all, no one has shown up at your door recently and demanded that you turn over your hunting license, fishing pole or skinning knife. So, maybe the proponents of SJR 11 and SB 263 are being a bit over the top in their zeal to protect these outdoor activities. Perhaps.

However, next week the Nevada Wildlife Commission will hear a petition by certain Nevada residents to end all coyote hunting contests. Ya, coyote hunting contests. In any form. So the same people that tell you, "We don't want to end hunting; we are not opposed to hunting . . ." Well, just take that with a grain of salt. I've heard the sponsors of this petition make those very statements in front of the Wildlife Commission and now here they are, sponsoring a petition to end hunting. And of course, if you are going to outlaw any sort of wildlife contest, that would include big buck contests, bass fishing tournaments, etc.

So maybe instead of being a little overly zealous in proposing a constitutional amendment to protect hunting, trapping and fishing, maybe we are just responding to what we see happening around us right now.
Back to top Go down
sweny

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:41 pm

Good info cameron2. We can only only do our part and hope that these bills get passed.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Fur

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:26 pm

Voted and comments entered. I will be emailing all senators tonight. Now I need to get my family to vote...
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:37 am

March 12, 2015

SJR11 has 203 comments with 188 in favor and 15 against

SB163 has 165 comments with 122 in favor and 43 against
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:44 pm

Just to show you that Nevada isn't breaking new ground with this proposed Constitutional Amendment. Seventeen other states have already amended their Constitution to add a similar provision, and another dozen are going through the same process that Nevada is going through.

Back to top Go down
Stonecat1

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:57 pm

My wife, kids, and myself are all voted in favor!!!!!!!!

Keep it up Nevada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:08 pm

Attended the Senate Hearing today where SJR 11 was introduced. Great response by the outdoor crowd!!! Thanks for all those who attended either in person or by video hook up. Elko had a great crowd!
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:59 pm

March 13, 2015

SJR11 has 252 comments.....224 in favor 28 against!
SB163 has 181 comments....136 in favor 45 against!
Back to top Go down
jhudson

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:11 pm

Voted, and the emails are next.Thank you Cameron2 for bringing this to our attention.

I find it interesting how those that are "animal lovers" don't consider themselves part of "nature", and how they feel the need to "protect it/them".
I challenge any of them to do even half of what any member of this board does.
Thanks to all.
Back to top Go down
Loverfighterwildbullrider

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:53 am

Good job Cameron and the rest of you!! If any of you can make the commission meeting in Reno for the petition to ban coyote hunting contests it would help to fight the antis.
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:33 am

Over the weekend the anti's almost took over our amendment bill. This is serious....the bill that we presented would amend Nevada's constitution to make it a right to hunt, trap and fish. That bill is now being heavily challenged. Before the weekend we were enjoying a nice 13 to 1 ratio in our lead and now 3 days later we are only 40 comments ahead. As of this morning 453 comments have been made, 246 in favor of the bill and 207 against.
Now the anti's might be commenting multiple time but we can and should do the same thing. Ask yourself, "if the antis don't really oppose my hunting, trapping and fishing, why are they so opposed to making this a right?" Obviously, the fact that they are so opposed to these activities demonstrates beyond doubt that they intend to exert their influence to reduce or eliminate these rights.

We need to call in the reserves and just blow up the comment section. This bill is now the 11th most popular bill in the legislator so that means not only will the legislators be watching but so will the press and the media. We must not give the other side any ammo as to how effective they are. Sit down at a computer and comment on this bill, even if you've already done it once. We are great at putting boots on the group but now the day has come to put "fingers on the keyboard" and butts in the seats. If this bill means anything to any of us then we need to make a harder effort to reach all sportsmen and get them and their family, friends and even co workers to comment.

Please share this email with your groups.

The bill is SJR11 and the link is www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Opinions/78th2015/A/
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:21 am

Wow, the antis woke up over the weekend (really, I think there are only a couple of them and they just keep voting over and over and over again), but the sporting crowd showed up and put the smack down on em. This morning SJR 11 is 648 in favor vs 300 against.

Its important that you remind folks to vote IN FAVOR of SJR 11. We in the hunting community are so used to being attacked by legislation that we naturally click the box that says we are "AGAINST" a bill. We are playing offense this legislative session . . . make sure you vote FOR this bill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEED YOUR HELP . . . .   

Back to top Go down

NEED YOUR HELP . . . .
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bobcats R Us :: Trapping-
Jump to: