Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The New Year (pics)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cameron2

The New Year (pics) Empty
PostSubject: The New Year (pics)   The New Year (pics) EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:40 pm

For many hunters, archery season signals the start of the hunting season. For other folks, its the mourning dove hunt.

At our house, its the sage grouse hunt that marks the official start to hunting season. I love hunting the big birds in the high sage tops of central and northern Nevada.

The New Year (pics) Me_zpse4bcaa77

The New Year (pics) Photo_zpsf6fe57bb

The New Year (pics) Quackies_zps96ee9f45
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: The New Year (pics)   The New Year (pics) EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:20 pm

Super fun birds to hunt. You must have a good recipe for them? Please share.

Also some beautiful country!
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: The New Year (pics)   The New Year (pics) EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 11:15 am

nvsage wrote:
You must have a good recipe for them? Please share.

Uh, they make great gifts as taxidermy mounts!
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: The New Year (pics)   The New Year (pics) EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 1:24 pm

That is about the only thing to do with them !!! Pretty country. Please tell me you didn't drive by and not call me right ?????? Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: The New Year (pics)   The New Year (pics) EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 1:47 pm

Nawww. Didn't go that direction, Matty. You know I would have looked you up. Went more Ely way.

Actually, Joe Bennett claims he has a recipe where you soak them in buttermilk and then cook them some way. He says it works. Personally, I think they are like antelope -- the way they taste has a lot to do with what you do with them as soon as they hit the ground. If you would immediately breast them out and then get the breasts on ice ASAP, I bet it would make a world of difference.

As it is, I wanted a couple of nice big old giant birds to mount for a project I'm working on for my office involving a couple of predators playing the part of the bad guys and the grouse playing the part of the bird in distress. If I ever get it done, I will send pictures.
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: The New Year (pics)   The New Year (pics) EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 6:13 pm

I hear the same thing about buttermilk and also cutting slices in the breasts and cooking with bacon inside of the slices.... bacon can make just about any meal better but I still don't know about that one.

I never even thought about the breasting ASAP that is probably a good place to start. Sounds like the mount is going to be awesome as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Year (pics)   The New Year (pics) Empty

Back to top Go down

The New Year (pics)
Page 1 of 1