Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

URGENT!!!

Go down 
+2
nvsage
Cameron2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cameron2

URGENT!!! Empty
PostSubject: URGENT!!!   URGENT!!! EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 5:21 pm

Hey folks,

I need your help. The Channel 13 news ran a story yesterday about a dog that allegedly got caught in a trap. The whole thing is a hoax set up by the antis. They do it all the time just before the Commission decides trapping regulations. This story is so phony its humorous.

Here's where I need your help. Go on Facebook to this link and comment about how the News Station got taken for a ride by the antis. Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/KTNVLasVegas

If all the errors weren't glaring enough, John Sullivan noted a few of the more obvious ones as follows:

I watched your story on trapping yesterday and then reviewed it a couple of times on line.

It was immediately obvious to me that the "dog caught in a trap story" was fabricated.

The trap used was brand new right out of the box. It had never been set once or put into the ground.

The dog owner said the dog's foot was caught, yet you did a close up of the dog's foot and there WAS no cut.

Activist Stephanie Myers was interviewed at length. I have heard Stephanie Myers speak about hunting and trapping many times and have known her to be very fast and loose with the truth.

Also you showed a sign that was posted in Cold Creek warning residents about traps after this dog was supposedly caught. I have a good friend who lives in Cold Creek and was told this sign was put up weeks ago, long before the dog was supposedly caught.

Basically this was a set up.

I know I spoke to you and Joel Blakeslee spoke to you about using due diligence in this type of reporting because these type of fabricated stories appear right on cue whenever the wildlife commission is discussing regulations pertaining to trapping, which is occurring now. Joel asked you to make sure the dog was in fact caught in a trap and not trusting in the words of an activist that it happened at all. There needed to be independent verification like a veterinarian report or a game warden report for this story to be valid. It is not a crime to make a false report to a news reporter. It IS a crime to make a false report to a game warden or other peace officer. That is why there wasn't any.

Reporters have been played like this before in the Reno area and it looks like it is happening here now.

Back to top Go down
Cameron2

URGENT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!!   URGENT!!! EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 7:22 pm

Update:

Hey, we are winning over there on the Facebook page. There are some reasonable people (many of whom are not trappers) who have chimed in to support us. Please do your part.
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

URGENT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!!   URGENT!!! EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 7:27 pm

I agree love some of the comments.
Back to top Go down
nvcatrapper

URGENT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!!   URGENT!!! EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:08 pm

we need more input over there. but we all need to be nice.
Back to top Go down
rockytrails

URGENT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!!   URGENT!!! EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:28 pm

I don't facebook. A couple thoughts I have, where is that trap now? NDOW, the dog owner or tv station... Lets assume it's my trap how do I get it back? NTA offer to reimburse vet fees if the dog needed stitches or a cast. Get the receipt and talk to her vet. I'd be curious if the owner would show where the trap was when the dog was caught. See if there is any trapper evidence there. These ideas could prove the hoax. I suspect none of the above would happen except, where is the trap? If it's not at NDOW it should be.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

URGENT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!!   URGENT!!! EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:31 pm

Something smells very wrong in this story! Maybe the anti's should read up a little before they go making up storys like this one??
Back to top Go down
bullschmidt

bullschmidt

URGENT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!!   URGENT!!! EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:12 am

Those Hacks left to many holes in their story. You just need to have an IQ of a Sweet potato or Higher to spot them..
I use that bench mark because i'm a sweet tator and as "Grizzly Bear Chris Lap" from Jeremiah Johnson said ... " Saw it right off "
My guess is the person at KTNV incharge of "News Worthy Stories" is cut from the same "Anti" cloth..
Back to top Go down
rockytrails

URGENT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!!   URGENT!!! EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 1:00 pm

Was the trap checked by NDOW to see if it matched any reported traps? Rather than call it a hoax why not prove it.
Back to top Go down
rockytrails

URGENT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!!   URGENT!!! EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 1:03 pm

reported as stolen?
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

URGENT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!!   URGENT!!! EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 9:16 pm

We got some new news on this story! Of course it was all fake but now we know it!! Tracy is working on getting all the details on the story so we are all on the same page. As soon as he gets done he is going to post and get us some info on contacting the NDOW in LV. We will need all of your support to send emails and contact him to make sure they push the issue home hard and fast!

It was a lady trapper and she was having traps stolen in this area. She stayed one day to see if anyone showed up. And guess what they did and he was looking for her traps. He spotted one and went over and took it. She went down and confronted him and then let the fun begin!!! I can't say a whole lot more but it just took a big turn to our side so gear up and get ready!!!!

We need all hands on deck for this one! It will be a huge black eye for the anti's so lets go TEAM!!
Back to top Go down
rockytrails

URGENT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!!   URGENT!!! EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 10:30 am

thanks for the update Bucks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

URGENT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT!!!   URGENT!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

URGENT!!!
Page 1 of 1