Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?

Go down 
+6
elkhunter2002
rockytrails
lope
nvsage
BUCKSNBOWS
Cameron2
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Cameron2

OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? Empty
PostSubject: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 12:57 pm

So on Friday the Nevada season is over (other than water animals that nobody is going to trap, given current prices).

So now what are we going to do with ourselves? I need some ideas. I can only poke fun at old Bucks N Bows so long before he's gonna get mad and pound on me.

Ideas?
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:52 pm

Consult Greg maybe he has some posie sniffing or something like that we could do??
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:53 pm

OK, ummm one vote for Posie Sniffing. Duly noted.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:56 pm

Maybe we could do some scouting or fishing or rock hunting or exchange ideas for new trapping ideas??? Or we could get some more people together to talk about the rondy???
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 2:10 pm

Ahhhh, now you're getting somewhere.

Fishing, rock hunting and golf all go in the same category for me. Any time spent doing one of those activities would really find me looking for tracks, scat or sign anyway. It gets embarrassing looking for bobcat toilets in the #9 hole sand trap.

Exchanging ideas sounds interesting. Maybe meet for a day at a given spot, bring tools, tricks, tricked out traps, lure, bait, attractors, gear, etc. to share with others. . . . ? I tried to get this done with a well known, expert cat trapper from northern Nevada last year but he was too bashful to come and play. Maybe this year . . . ? 'Course, now that I've actually met the guy and seen his fur, I doubt he will find anything of value in the exchange.  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 2:32 pm

I have been cleaning up my garage, truck, quad, traps... And getting things ready to go for next year. Cutting up some bait for all my prebaiting. I try to be more and more prepared each year. Time to do some camping and fishing with the family here soon so gotta have most these things wrapped up.

Very excited for the Rondy as well.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 2:58 pm

Maybe we should do a pre trial on the trapper meeting Cameron2. Just you and I to see if my tips are worth sharing?? All jokes aside we should get some ideas for the rondy. What we will need, where to stay, shirts, stickers etc. ?????
Back to top Go down
lope

lope

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 3:15 pm

I have a great idea, Come on up and I will show you how to set bobcat traps so they catch lions!! You can have what you catch. Jim
Back to top Go down
rockytrails

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 4:03 pm

I get to rehab my Achilles tendon. Surgery next week then a few months or so getting to walk again. Had other plans. I might be on here a little more. I know bad idea.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 4:49 pm

I like Lopes idea but keeping them I think we might have issues with that one? Maybe we could dye the fur and make they look like bobcats?????
Back to top Go down
lope

lope

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 4:56 pm

Well if you did that you would have some big bobcats!! Sorry I did not make Fallon I could not turn the offer down I had on my cats and coyotes. Jim
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:21 pm

BUCKSNBOWS wrote:
Maybe we should do a pre trial on the trapper meeting Cameron2. Just you and I to see if my tips are worth sharing?? All jokes aside we should get some ideas for the rondy. What we will need, where to stay, shirts, stickers etc. ?????

I LIKE THIS!

I think its a great idea. A pre-Rondy meeting would be real nice to make sure everything comes off without a hitch and we could sort of wrap it into a trapping round table for those that want to come. I like seeing/hearing how the other guys trap and why, what they look for in locations, etc. Lets pick a place and a time and do it.

I got the raffle tickets today. Let me know if you need some and how many.

OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? Raffle_zps4ecf5c08
Back to top Go down
elkhunter2002

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:46 pm

I too like the pre rondy meeting. We could use all the help we can get. We have at least 1000 raffle tickets to sale. I'm hoping to make some extra money for the trapper's association to help fight the antis that are probably talking about what they are going to do next during the off season. Does anyone have any thoughts on a location?
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 6:42 pm

Somewhere in the middle would be best?? Not sure where that is? I will donate some shirts to the raffle so we can give back to the association.
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 6:49 pm

How about someplace like Tonopah??? Kind of in the middle. In fact, the little settlement of Belmont . . . about 45 minutes from Tonopah, would give us a real trapping setting, provide lots of outdoor camping and stuff like that.

Guys like Joe are probably used to just staying in 5 star hotels so maybe we could re-think that. Just throwing the idea out there.

I would bring some lure and bait and jars so everyone could take home something smelly.
Back to top Go down
jason1040

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 7:35 pm

I'm looking at the picture of the raffle tickets and feeling a little left out...Nevada Residents Only...Are you sure no Idaho boys can play?
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 7:53 pm

The "residents only" refers to the gun raffle. We would love to have nonresidents come and play.
Back to top Go down
VaderSpade

VaderSpade

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 7:55 pm

Well I have my trail cameras out. Got to use up my old lure somehow. By the time that's gone the bucks will be growing their new antlers. Always fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.VaderTactical.com
jason1040

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 8:11 pm

I have never been lucky enough for the gun raffle, so that is fine by me. I know it would definitely be worth the drive down to meet you guys and ask more of my newbie questions.
Back to top Go down
nevadaagteacher

nevadaagteacher

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 11:46 pm

The idea of meeting in the middle of Nevada sounds great, hope the invite is out to a new trapper. I would love to help sell raffle tickets and will help however I can for he Rondy.

If anyone wants to come up to Elko this summer I got into some 7 pound wipers last summer, I'd love to talk trapping while throwing crank baits.
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 12:08 am

Ya buddy love catchin those wipers!!
OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? Null_zpsf22adcf3
Back to top Go down
nevadaagteacher

nevadaagteacher

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 12:58 am

Nice one NVSAGE, nothing fights better than a wiper for sure!  I'll post some pics of last years catches, hopefully we get some weather to fill the reservoirs back up.
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 1:02 am

I think wild horse is done for a while.... Sad! But yes after the dam repairs and dry last couple of years south fork still hasn't been able to catch up. Maybe we will have a wet spring.
Back to top Go down
nevadaagteacher

nevadaagteacher

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:40 am

Here's one from last summer,not quite as fun as seeing a big tom in a trap!

OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? IMAG1467_zpsmpeoyrdi
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 12:21 pm

nevadaagteacher wrote:
The idea of meeting in the middle of Nevada sounds great, hope the invite is out to a new trapper. I would love to help sell raffle tickets and will help however I can for he Rondy.

If anyone wants to come up to Elko this summer I got into some 7 pound wipers last summer, I'd love to talk trapping while throwing crank baits.

Nevada Ag:

Hey, we are just making this up as we go along. There isn't any leadership involved here . . . its pure anarchy. Some of the best ideas ever come along without any administrative oversight, and free from bureaucratic baggage. Think of the Boston Tea Party -- Nobody stood around drawing organizational flow charts; they just started huckin' tea in the harbor. Well, we're just going to throw some tea around is all.

I'm sure someone in authority will come along and make sense of it all when we are all done. After all, imagine if someone had said, "Hey, if we all get together late at night, smear black soot on our faces to hide our identity, sneak aboard some British ships and throw their tea in Boston harbor, that will start a big fight and the most powerful nation on earth will be created from the dudes that threw the tea in the harbor!"  Shocked  Shocked 

Lets pick a place and a time, and get together.

TJT

Back to top Go down
nevadaagteacher

nevadaagteacher

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 3:03 pm

Sounds good to me Tracy, I have a ton of free time in the summer!
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Quit bragging!! My brother in law is a school teacher and he always says the same thing -- I have lots of spare time in the summer!! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
elkhunter2002

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:48 pm

My camp trailer is not far from Tonopah and I would be willing to pull it there, it sleeps three or four, and possibly five if Cameron wants to snuggle up to me, lol That sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
nevadaagteacher

nevadaagteacher

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 11:29 pm

I spent today cleaning up trapping supplies, organizing traps and putting up my cats from the last week of the season. Felt weird sleeping in and not checking traps this morning.....
OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? IMAG1957_zps4bewxrtk
Back to top Go down
hezzy

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 11:53 pm

I'm a bit late to the Belmont conversation. but I've been there! and loved it!

anyone else been here? just a little north of belmont.

OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? Pa040010
This is inside the same old home. some CRAZY writings on the wall!
I wish I would've wrote down what it said
OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? Pa040011
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?   OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ? Empty

Back to top Go down

OK, so now whatta we do . . . . ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bobcats R Us :: Trapping-
Jump to: