Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

fallon fur sale

Go down 
+9
harrishawker1
Cameron2
catroper
VaderSpade
ridgeback740
BUCKSNBOWS
nevadaagteacher
rooster
hezzy
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hezzy

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 7:41 pm

Me and a buddy are set up to be at the fur sale in fallon on sunday the 23rd. This will be our first trip there. anyone care to explain how things will work for us? I believe we have to be there by 8 in the morning. but we're really curious how long the day will be and what goes on during the day. any helpful hints are appreciated also.
Thanks,

Hezzy
Back to top Go down
rooster

rooster

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 7:56 pm

I would suggest showing up earlier than that, you will have to get your fur separated in lots, then fill out the paperwork and number each lot. I say to show up early so you can get a spot on the floor to lot your fur! After that, sale staff will take your fur, after they take your fur you are done. You arent allowed into the room where the fur is sold. At the end of the day, usually about 8 p.m, they pass out a sheet telling you what the bids are on your fur. If you don't like the price you have the option not to sell
Back to top Go down
hezzy

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 9:52 pm

OK that helps alot! i didnt realize it was such an all day affair! I may have to ship my furs elsewhere this year as i have to be back home sooner than that.
Back to top Go down
rooster

rooster

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 10:06 pm

Just to clarify, you don't have to wait around there, you can set a price on your fur when you drop it off. If it doesn't reach your price, I believe they will ship it you
Back to top Go down
nevadaagteacher

nevadaagteacher

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 8:02 pm

Anyone recall off hand how many lots we get for 10 cats. I can't remember the lot break down with the different quantities of pelts.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 9:44 pm

NV ag teach. I think you get 2 singles for 10 cats. The rest can be doubles or triples how ever you want to put them up. Hezzy you can also get with one of us to give you a call or let you know what your #'s are so you don't have to stay all day?? Usually lots of help around they if you need it. My name is Matt Lamb and I live here in Fallon. I make the sweatshirts and I am on here all the time. I will be there all weekend so if you have questions shoot me a pm and I will get you squared away partner.
Back to top Go down
hezzy

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 10:44 pm

sent ya PM Mr. Lamb.

Thanks everyone for the responses
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

ridgeback740

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 1:12 pm

Last night was the fur sale in Blackfoot, Id. that the Upper Snake River Trapper's put on.  Looked to have about 7 or more buyers there.  From what I could hear from the bids that were called out, cat prices are about like they were 2 years ago as the wave of high cat prices from last year were the peak.  I've been hearing how any marten is worth $100, but from what I saw it was about half of that.  Saw some great furs and sadly I saw quite a bit of mishandled or damaged fur.  There needs to be lots of fur handling classes at all trapper gatherings to teach those who don't know how to properly handle furs to get the most $$ out of them.  Thanks to whoever it was that came up with the Nevada Stretch, I would say this is the first sale that about 90% of the cats were stretched properly.  Beaver ran around a $20 avg., well handled coyotes around $60+ avg., racoons $8 to $12 avg., muskrats around a $10 avg. and red fox around a $30+ avg.  I did write down a bunch of the bids called out, but miss about 10 percent due to people talking too loud where I was seated.  Beaver castor seemed to be selling for around  $30 a pound with muskrat and mink glands selling for much less than beaver.  
After talking to the Chairman for the Upper Snake River Trappers, he said that their membership has increased by about 60 to 70 new people in the last month or so.  This is probably due to the Idaho Trappers Assoc. becoming a NAFA shipping agent and them not holding fur sales any longer.  I talked to quite a few trappers at this sale and they were there selling because they wanted their fur money right a way instead of waiting a couple of months which is what would happen if they shipped to NAFA.  They all seemed to agree that they would have gotten a larger fur check through NAFA that what they did from this sale, but getting the money now was the most important issue to them.
Back to top Go down
VaderSpade

VaderSpade

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 6:46 pm

Is there a best day to go?

What has been the best day for prices in the past?
Back to top Go down
http://www.VaderTactical.com
ridgeback740

ridgeback740

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 10:28 pm

Hey VaderSpade, I used to trap on Inwood road when I lived in Redding many years ago. I trapped the Crow, Morelli and a few other ranches around that area. Great cat and fox trapping. Good luck on your furs.
Back to top Go down
VaderSpade

VaderSpade

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 11:29 pm

Thanks, How many years ago was that?
I had honeybees on the Morelli Ranch in the early 80's. I lived on Morelli Ranch Road back then. I'm closer to Oak Run now.

I didn't think Crow would let anyone near his place. I know Crow married Morelli's daughter but I could never really talk to that guy.

Virginia must be gone by now, but we got along great.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 12:20 am

Vader Saturday and Sunday are the best days. I imagine they are full by now. You should try and make reservations at least 1 month in advance.
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

ridgeback740

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 1:38 am

Vader,
I sent you a pm on this site, so check your mail box.

ridgeback740
Back to top Go down
catroper

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 2:00 pm

In regards to the trappers getting their money. They still have to wait a few days. If they ship to NAFA they can get an advance on their fur in almost the same amount of time pulse a chance to get what their fur is worth.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 8:35 am

Well it's close to fur sale time you can tell! Nobody on the site posting or commenting on anything? Well I wish you all the best of luck at the sale and after if you still have sets out.
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 11:53 am

Spent yesterday trying to get stuff ready for Fallon. Still got fur on the stretchers . . . in fact I still have fur in the freezer. I sent off several large orders of fox to taxidermy suppliers so I don't have those to take to Fallon. Just hope everything else dries in time.

fallon fur sale End_zpsf36bf36d

fallon fur sale Th_Lacymovie_zpsede3ff49
Back to top Go down
harrishawker1

harrishawker1

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 3:48 pm

The undisputed king of fox
Good job Tracy
See u soon
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 4:36 pm

Harrishawker are you going to the trials that they are having outside of fallon for the falcons?
Back to top Go down
harrishawker1

harrishawker1

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 4:43 pm

matt, glad u asked
\yes sir
I will be there tomorrow nite
first trials are at 9am Friday, shawn hayes skytrials, some of the best falcons in America.
r u going, I hear my partner Klinger is staying at your placem u know he has cage fever...lol
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 4:56 pm

My buddy is helping set up for the trials. I may try and get away saturday sometime?? I hear its really cool to watch. He has a Harris Hawk female and its cool to watch her hunt. She is a pretty bird too.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 4:57 pm

Yeah Gene and his wife are staying and then Tim and nephew I think will come up late friday. Ye he probably has cage fever for sure but its not a bad thing????
Back to top Go down
bullschmidt

bullschmidt

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 1:05 am

Hey Bucks Do me a favor and sweet talk those buyers into having pity on an Old Fat Man with a Beard... No not Gene I mean Me .. LOL .. I'm sending my fur up with Joebob .
I am bummed that I will miss out on the rubbing elbows with all you good trappers and learning some more tricks of the trade.
I can only imagine the cattle that will be transported this weekend.
And yes that is a reference to the inevitable "BULL SHIPPIN" that will be sorely missed by me.
Or Bullschmidt'n as I like to say.
We know the Buyers have Deep Pockets. So here is to hoping they don't have Short Arm's.. just sayin.
Best of Luck to All.
Hopefully we will be Winning a State Wrestling Championship while ya'll are cuttin up.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 10:57 am

Well I will put in my 2 cents but you know how far that will go!! Yeah it should be a good time for sure. Going to try this BBQ deal and hope we have alot of people come and join us.
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 1:30 pm

bullschmidt wrote:
Hey Bucks Do me a favor and sweet talk those buyers into having pity on an Old Fat Man with a Beard...  No not Gene I mean Me ...

That's funny right there . . . I don't care what you say. LOL
Back to top Go down
bullschmidt

bullschmidt

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 12:52 am

Well... Gene may take exception to it.. just sayin.. I guess if he pokes me in the nose next time I see him I will know...LOL
But that's how I roll... I kid ..I joke .. I trap... Ha Ha .. There I go again telling Funny Stories..
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 10:28 am

Good luck to everyone this weekend! Hope you guys all do well I your cats.
Back to top Go down
VaderSpade

VaderSpade

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 3:30 pm

Any numbers coming out of Fallon yet??
Back to top Go down
hezzy

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 4:05 pm

I will let you know of your #'s tomorrow while i'm there. if that'd help ya. pm me your phone number if so
Back to top Go down
VaderSpade

VaderSpade

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 4:13 pm

That would be great. Lots 417 & 418 from Friday (not sure if the recycle the numbers each day).

I won't be near a phone tomorrow, but I'll PM the phone number. You can post my numbers or PM me. Thanks
Back to top Go down
huntandfish

huntandfish

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 11:27 am

Averaged $40 on 5 coyote, two 36" cats $778, 38" $694, 41" $294?, muskrat $9 after commission.
Back to top Go down
huntandfish

huntandfish

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 11:31 am

Better cats did a lot better than my average.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 6:53 pm

They graded pretty tough this sale. Market was crazy and nobody knew what was going on with prices. I did pretty well on my 12 cats. Nowhere like last year but good overall.
Back to top Go down
huntandfish

huntandfish

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 7:08 pm

I wish I could have seen your cat's Bucks, it was nice meeting you and a lot of other guys on here. Thanks again for the sweatshirts.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 7:55 pm

Anytime partner. Thanks for the business. Next year get with me and I will share some pointers with U.
Back to top Go down
Dawgz

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 8:26 am

THIS IS ALL YOU CAN SAY! About the fur sale!
No averages, no total of cats each day, NOTHING!!???

Always tell when a sale tanks, everyone tucks their heads and hides.
But by GOD if it's doing great you'll can't wait to rub everyones noses in it.
Back to top Go down
VaderSpade

VaderSpade

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 9:58 am

Hey Dawgz, have a little patience. The sale ended just a few hours ago. I don't think the true averages have even been figured out yet.

Let the dust settle man and then check here.

http://nvtrappers.org/fur_sale_info.htm

"Results will be posted as soon as possible."
Back to top Go down
nevadaagteacher

nevadaagteacher

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:18 am

Good summary of the sale BUCKS, I think the buyers were in a tailspin after the Friday sale leading into Saturday and Sunday. I think cats may have sold better Friday before price updates from NAFA?

Anyway it was great meeting BUCKS, huntnfish, Cameron 2, rooster and harrishawk. A friend just summarized it by saying that it's more fun catching them in a trap and putting them up than selling them. I would agree! Hope to see you all in Ely at the Rondy.
Back to top Go down
harrishawker1

harrishawker1

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:25 am

Nevada Teacher
It's was good to meet you.
I did Ok . My top cat was over 800$.
And yes the buyers paid way less than last year.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:43 am

Vader thanks for the reply to DAWGZ. Sometimes he gets a little testy!! Dawgz deep breath sir. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 12:40 pm

I saw Matt's (Bucks&Bows) cats on Saturday and I'm still in awe of the quality of cats the man caught, and the amazing put up he did on them. They were definitely show stoppers. Well done.

Glad to hear you did well Vinnie.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 12:56 pm

Thanks buddy! I guess when you only catch a handful you have plenty of time to buff and shine them up!! Laughing Laughing  Had a great time at the BBQ ! Burnt hose and all. Glad people showed up!
Back to top Go down
harrishawker1

harrishawker1

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 1:51 pm

Thanks Tracy

But not as good as I'd hoped for. Mine weren't the size of Matts.
CONGRADULATIONS MATT.
And I must say yours were awesomely Put up Tracy.
Put up.
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 1:54 pm

Ya, I came back from Fallon truly humbled.

I have to take fox put up lessons from Gene Raynor . . .

Cat put up lessons from Matt . . .

Fashion lessons from Dave Stowater's wife . . . .

and trapping lessons from Vinnie.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 2:40 pm

We already covered that one at the sale remember?? Turn the bad ones loose and it improves your avg.
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 3:39 pm

After further consideration . . . . If I turned the bad ones loose, I WOULDN'T HAVE AN AVERAGE.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 4:18 pm

Funny but remember I did see your cats!!! Laughing Laughing 
Back to top Go down
harrishawker1

harrishawker1

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 4:18 pm

LOL, I JUST LOVE YOUR COMMENTS MR, TRUMAN
especially since a ton of trappers both youth and adult and seasoned trappers looked to you for help. tips and tricks.
I know I do.
Back to top Go down
bullschmidt

bullschmidt

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:08 pm

Cam2 I was sure I was catching the Scrub cats on this side of the Hump...
Back to top Go down
Dawgz

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 8:03 am

Anyone know what the top cat price was?
More or less figured it out.
Friday was probably good.
Saturady was fair and Sunday was a cry day.
Sale off a good 30% and they averaged down everything else just because they could use NAFA as an excuse.
Proably the usual western buyers.
Been in the game longer that most.
Back to top Go down
nevadaagteacher

nevadaagteacher

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 9:56 am

Dawgz, the sale report is posted on the NTA website. $1059 top cat and a $420 average. Coyotes averaged $32.50.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fallon fur sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: fallon fur sale   fallon fur sale Empty

Back to top Go down

fallon fur sale
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next