Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ATTENTION NEVADA TRAPPERS! WE MUST FIGHT !

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
muleskinner

ATTENTION NEVADA TRAPPERS! WE MUST FIGHT ! Empty
PostSubject: ATTENTION NEVADA TRAPPERS! WE MUST FIGHT !   ATTENTION NEVADA TRAPPERS! WE MUST FIGHT ! EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 7:59 pm

With this bad weather here, and the catch seems to be slow im sure alot of you are tired and fusterated as i am, today after church my father called me and brought to my attention a article posted in the las vegas review journal under

:http://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/killing-wildlife-isnt-

the artical is full of lies and false information on trappers and the effects of trapping in Nevada, The name of the artical is : KILLING WILDLIFE IS NOT CONSEVATION, it was writen by an individual : FRED VOLTZ, in carson city that is a highly misinformed and straight frankly a damn liar on what he is trying to share with the public, i hope we all unit together against the anti's, i am not good at writing or the english language as i would like but feel we should do something about this,! if one of us is a good writer or would like to send a reply to the review journal to stand up for the trappers in the state, i know Tracy is well educated and is good at speaking/writing but dont want to put him on the spot .. i just feel we need to stand up for our selfs.. WE NEED TO FIGHT BACK.........

Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION NEVADA TRAPPERS! WE MUST FIGHT !   ATTENTION NEVADA TRAPPERS! WE MUST FIGHT ! EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:33 pm

I totally agree and will see if I can find the article. Then we can go from there!!
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION NEVADA TRAPPERS! WE MUST FIGHT !   ATTENTION NEVADA TRAPPERS! WE MUST FIGHT ! EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:55 pm

Found it and read it! WOW talk about a guy who talks out his backside!!! Holy cow I don't know where to begin with a rebuttal on that one. He is slamming all kinds of people not just trappers and hunters!! I will get with Tracy and see what we can do. What an IDIOT !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
rooster

rooster

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION NEVADA TRAPPERS! WE MUST FIGHT !   ATTENTION NEVADA TRAPPERS! WE MUST FIGHT ! EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 10:50 pm

Ya, read it, sounds like the guy is quite radical. We have had a recent set of articles in our local newspaper stemming from a dog in a conibear. A local trapper made a nice rebuttal and it seemed to draw attention from more radicals, kind of a touchy situation. On one hand you stick up for trapping with facts, however some people will not listen and just make more noise.
Back to top Go down
Cameron2

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION NEVADA TRAPPERS! WE MUST FIGHT !   ATTENTION NEVADA TRAPPERS! WE MUST FIGHT ! EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:35 pm

Fred Volz is THE most radical of the antis. Interesting how he makes a couple of points that I totally agree with.

First, he says a lot of trappers take numerous animals from Mt. Charleston by trapping, and that we do it without anyone really being aware of it. I agree!!! Which underscores why all the trapping closures and the talk about shortening visitation are just a bunch of nonsense.

Second, he basically says the sportsmen are sometimes given preference in deciding the interests of Nevada's wildlife management. I agree!!! Who do you think funds all the conservation, Fred? It isn't you and the rest of the tofu-only crowd. Its us. We. The trappers, the hunters, the wildlife groups. I understand wildlife belongs to the state of Nevada . . . but doesn't it make some sense that those who have skin in the game would be the most concerned about wildlife management and therefore deserve due consideration?

I understand that some folks don't want to hunt or trap or fish. That's OK. I don't even care that they may even dislike these activities. But that doesn't give any of them the right to prevent me from doing what the state licenses me to do; what has been done for centuries.

A decade ago I helped a buddy tree and harvest a mountain lion. My buddy took the cat to the local NDOW office to have it checked in by a biologist (required under state law). Apparently a lady came in the office to buy a boating permit or something while the biologist was taking tissue and tooth samples. She made a big deal about how people shouldn't kill lions and how it was such a horrible practice. To his credit, the biologist fired right back about how important the harvest of lions was to the health of the overall population of lions and their prey, including deer. He talked about the data the state captures from harvested lions; the fees the state collects and how those funds are used, etc. etc. His concluding statement was, "If you don't want to see it, turn around!"

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
bullschmidt

bullschmidt

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION NEVADA TRAPPERS! WE MUST FIGHT !   ATTENTION NEVADA TRAPPERS! WE MUST FIGHT ! EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 12:16 am

I think this WackO needs a Paid vacation to Kodiak Island with a video camera and Salmon Cologne.

Maybe he can let us know how those Predators that according to him are "Permanently being
Destroyed". Heck they've been hunted for Thousands of years He should be fine. Lord knows they
couldn't possibly Reproduce.
The sad thing is my Grand Father told me to " Never Argue with an IDIOT because People find it Hard to Tell You Apart. " .
If he is not addressed there will be some other Backwards Thinking Radical that buys in to his
Ignorance.
Back to top Go down
muleskinner

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION NEVADA TRAPPERS! WE MUST FIGHT !   ATTENTION NEVADA TRAPPERS! WE MUST FIGHT ! EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 8:28 pm

Thanks for the info Tracy good to know,

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION NEVADA TRAPPERS! WE MUST FIGHT !   ATTENTION NEVADA TRAPPERS! WE MUST FIGHT ! Empty

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION NEVADA TRAPPERS! WE MUST FIGHT !
Page 1 of 1