Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Critter Carrier

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nvsage

PostSubject: Critter Carrier   Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:02 am

I went to the local gun shop the other day and say that a local guy was making lanyards for coyote calls made out of parichute cord. Well he had his # on the lanyards so I called him and asked him to make me a critter carrier. Got it from him today and think its going to work well. Been slow around here so thought I would share. Hopefully have a cat next check and be able to try it out!
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

PostSubject: Re: Critter Carrier   Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:04 pm

He does nice work. I make my own out of parachute cord and just run the cord through a piece of old garden water hose with a loop on each end of the cord. You can make it to the desired length you want. I usually have 3 or 4 with me when I have to walk a ways from the 4 wheeler or pickup. If you want more padding, you can purchase a length of the foam pipe insulation and cut it down to the desired length. Run the garden hose through it and then the cord through the entire set up and you have padded carrier. Of course, it's not a good looking as the carrier above, but since I am always looking for ways to cut costs on the trap line, it works and won't cost more than $5 to $7 buck for the entire set up.
Back to top Go down

Critter Carrier
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1