Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

77 days

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bghunter119

Bghunter119

77 days Empty
PostSubject: 77 days   77 days EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 10:01 pm

till opening day, get thru this knee surgery, and get mended
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

77 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 77 days   77 days EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 9:16 pm

Kansas you are falling apart bud?? I went the other way and lost about lbs. My knees have not felt better in years. Shot a nice mule deer this year with my bow.[img]77 days Dscn1811[/img]
Back to top Go down
Bghunter119

Bghunter119

77 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 77 days   77 days EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 10:20 pm

no not falling apart, a guy in a payloader, and yes i said payloader, caught my left leg moving some roller coaster track and tore my knee up, go see the surgeon thursday to get set up to get it fixed, nice buck
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

77 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 77 days   77 days EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:02 pm

Sorry to hear that bud. Hope all turns out well.
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

77 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 77 days   77 days EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 12:37 am

Nice buck...looks like hes got some good mass and real heavy eye guards as well. Got my lil sis on some nice bucks couple weeks ago but no luck she had to head back to Reno for school. Gotta live hunting in that 90* heat during that early archery hunt!
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

ridgeback740

77 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 77 days   77 days EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 5:03 pm

It is now 3 days that the coyotes in Utah have to make peace with their maker. I'm going bounty hunting and will try to do my part to make their population less than it currently is. This will get me ready for trapping season I'm sure.

Gave up bow hunting years ago when I dislocated my shoulder. I have a hoyt compound bow in a soft case just wasting away.

Nice muley Bucks, you lost a bunch of weight? How did you do it?
Back to top Go down
cattrappernv

cattrappernv

77 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 77 days   77 days EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:21 pm

Bucks great Muley. I can't wait to get out there here in a month or so. just fifnishing up on getting the trapping rig going. good luck to all.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

77 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 77 days   77 days EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:11 am

Eating healthy and not 3 portions. Working out a little bit. Lost little over 50lbs so far. Ready to go trapping for sure!!! Cleaned the garage and it took 5 day's!!!
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

ridgeback740

77 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 77 days   77 days EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 4:15 am

Bucks, did you do the HCG diet? On that diet, you only eat a lunch and dinner and not a breakfast. I did it and lost 67 lbs a little over a year ago. I have gained back about 35 of those lbs though. Thinking of doing it again after trapping season.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

77 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 77 days   77 days EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 5:27 pm

Nope it was just eating healthy. Lots of fruits and vegies. Small meals like 6 times a day. Workout was easy took a total of 12 min. High intensity for 30sec then rest for 60sec. repeat 8 times.
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

ridgeback740

77 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 77 days   77 days EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 10:02 pm

Well, it works for you and thats great. I have a friend who is a PA in Alaska, and she prescribed me the HCG diet because I found out that I was pre-diabetic. Since I lost the weight, now my blood suger is normal. Like I said, I put back on about 35 lbs, but in the enviroment that I work in North Dakota, I can't get the right kind of foods I need for the diet. It is a simple diet, and I would loose about a pound a day. The first week, I was a little hungry, but then that went away. Its also a tough diet to do when you travel.

Well, I'm almost ready for the season to open. Need to put on the trap tags on the new traps and boil up the equipment and I will be ready. I also need to set up my fourwheeler with how I will carry the equipment and the animals. Since there are not many trees where I trap kittys, I will have to pack them with me until I can find a spot to skin. I have thought about building a telescoping skinning gambrel that attaches to the hitch on the back, but that will most likely happen next year, as I haven't bought a welder yet.

My next time home, will be pretty much taken up with scouting, placing out the trail cams and doing some set prep work. I have set a goal of 30 cats minimum. If the weather was like last year, that would be great, but I'm not expecting that again for this year.

Next year, I plan on getting the track conversion kit for the ATV, and the snow won't be much of a problem then. When I lived in Alaska, a friend had the track kit on his Sportsman 500, and he was able to go just about anywhere a snow machine could go and still be able to cross a considerable amount of open (no snow) ground without any problems. The only drawback is these kits run about $4,300 for my machine, and I need to be able convience my wife that its a necessary expense.

I have made a few stretchers and will be buying some also. Most of the stretchers I have used in long past years are in pretty sad shape. I have also made some coyote stretchers that will permit me to do the Nevada style stretch on the yotes. Should make them look better come sale time.

Right now Idaho has a State Constitutional Amendment that will be voted on in November that will include Trapping along with Hunting and Fishing as a right of Idahoans. I've been talking to a lot of people about this bill (HJR2aa). I used to do trapping orientation talks when I was a government trapper, to people who had never trapped or knew nothing about trapping. I was even able to get the Head of the Oregon State Haven Humane Society to admit that ethical trapping was a good tool to use as a predator control measure. I really won her over when I had a #3 Victor double long spring set on the desk where I was giving the orientation and put my hand in it and then continued my talk. Like I told her, there is alway a few in every profession that others in that profession wish were not there. Wish us luck on getting this passed and a few prayers wouldn't be bad either.
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

77 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 77 days   77 days EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 12:48 am

I have a friend here in fallon that sells those tracks. He has them on sale right now for 2,300. Good luck with the bill.
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

ridgeback740

77 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 77 days   77 days EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 1:54 am

Wish I had that to spare right now, but.........I spent my + money on traps and stretchers. Send me a PM with his name and phone # and when I get the money around, I will contact him.
Back to top Go down
Bghunter119

Bghunter119

77 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 77 days   77 days EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 8:59 pm

Starting on coyotes in 29 days, 43 days till all seasons open
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

ridgeback740

77 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 77 days   77 days EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 10:04 pm

I will finish up scouting next time back home, and will also see if the coyotes are primed up enough to go after. Muskrat, beaver and mink season starts on Oct. 22nd or 23rd in a part of the state, and I just might try my luck there for those along with coyotes. Getting the itch to trap, so I would like to fine tune some before cat season opens. Besides, getting a little larger fur check doesn't hurt either.

Had a couple of guys on here share some information on skunks (yea, I know they stink), but when you can get $6 to $8 dollars for the essence and a few dollars for the hides, it all adds up. Won't be very popular with the wife if I decide to go this direction, but have been sprayed by them before and the wife is still with me.

I bought some aluminum military medical boxes (18"x30"x14" on each piece, they fit together to form one box) this past spring, and I am planning on incorporating them as equipment carriers on the fourwheeler. That shouldn't take long, but will give the ability to pack animals in one half and equipment in the other half. I bought 2 of these boxes, and will store equipment in the one not on the 4 wheeler.

I picked up about 250 cow T-Bones at a site where ranchers drag their dead cows. These are real useful for attractors for cats and other animals. You drive them into the ground as a backing focal point, and put your scent/food lure or urine on them. The hole in them from the spinal cord makes a great weather proof place to put the scent/bait. It can rain or snow and the smell there will last a lot longer. They were cheap, work great and light to carry. I don't use them at all sets, but they work great on a flat set.

I also had the opportunity to stop and visit with Tom Krause this past summer, and purchased his "Big Buck Bobcats" dvd. He and I discussed some common errors when making cat sets and shared with each other some new ideas we each had for increasing the catch. I figure just what I picked up from his dvd will really help me increase my catch this season. He also showed me how to make some great stretchers for cats, fox and coyotes, and this too will increase the $$ on the fur at sale time.

I have sent a lot of pm's since joining this forum, and want to thank all of those who went above and beyond to share their experience and ideas with me. This forum site is head and shoulders above all the others. You all are a great bunch of trappers, and I look forward to hearing your experiences on the line this coming season. Good luck to all.

Last edited by ridgeback740 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nvsage

nvsage

77 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 77 days   77 days EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Oct 26th yote traps will hit the dirt!
Back to top Go down
Bghunter119

Bghunter119

77 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 77 days   77 days EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:43 am

starting the yote line today, 12 more days till everything else opens
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

ridgeback740

77 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 77 days   77 days EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 10:03 pm

The weather at home is still in the high 60's during the day, so they coyote trapping will have to wait until the middle of November when the nights are hopefully cooler. Have done more cat scouting and finding good places each time I'm out. Did some pre season trap site baiting as the wife told me she needed room in the freezer, so most all of the rock chucks that were caught in a live trap trying to raid the garden were put out. Will check these sites when I get back home the middle of Nov., and put out some more if needed. My cat season doesn't start until Dec. 14th. Fill up the stretchers Bghunter!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

77 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 77 days   77 days Empty

Back to top Go down

77 days
Page 1 of 1