Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Eastern Oregon Cats

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Horseroper

PostSubject: Eastern Oregon Cats   Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:52 pm

Back to top Go down
nvsage

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Oregon Cats   Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:43 pm

Nice picture that middle cat has a real nice bellie...more power to ya on the badger, I hate skinning and exspecially fleshing them damn things!! Yours looks real nice!
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Oregon Cats   Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:44 pm

Ditto on the cats and the badger. It took only 1 time of skinning and fleshing a badger to learn how to let them go!!!!
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Oregon Cats   Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:01 pm

I've done too much damage control trapping in the past to turn a badger loose alive. Trapped for hay farmers who had squirrel colonies in their hay fields and the badger moved in to claim his dinner. Caused a lot of damage to alfalfa fields and haying equipment. I've caught hundreds, but I too have only skinned a couple (3), and that was enough. I would rather skin and flesh 20 beaver than one badger. On a positive note though, if you are trapping coyotes, after catching a badger, the trap site becomes a magnet for pulling in coyotes, so its not all bad I guess. They can really move some dirt when caught in a set. Had one mound made from one that had to be over 2 feet tall and a heck of a circle. Hated it when I got one in a trap that had a drag and they went down a hole. Hooked on to a trap drag and chain one time with the three wheeler in order to pull it out of the hole, then the excitement began.
Back to top Go down
bullschmidt

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Oregon Cats   Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:15 am

Yeah buddy nice cats!! and as far as the badgers I am a first time trapper and a Friend of mine with 40 plus yrs of trapping experience asked if i wanted one he had caught so i am thinking heck i have skinned black bears in canada a couple years ago that had to be the worst skinning and fleshing chore..... I thought... Hmm I have known JB for 24 years maybe i will call him.... next month...That son of a...... I mean i have some great friend with wonderful senses of humor... just sayin.
Then a month later i caught my own furry little backhoe WOW wish i could move dirt that fast.
All jabbin aside it was a good experience and i wish i could infuse that attitude into all my wrestlers at the high school ... just wishin

Nice catch Horseroper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Oregon Cats   

Back to top Go down

Eastern Oregon Cats
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1