Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A Big Thank You

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ridgeback740

PostSubject: A Big Thank You   Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:50 am

I want to express a BIG Thank You to the owner of this site and all the contributing members. I don't believe that I've ever seen anything like this. I enjoy reading all the comments and looking at the pictures. I subscribe, I believe, to just about every trapping magazine there is, but this site is by far my favorite. The only way life could be better is if all of us could catch a couple of hundred cats a year and they were worth $1,000.00 each. So thank you to all for the many comment, opinions and photos.
Back to top Go down
nvsage

PostSubject: Re: A Big Thank You   Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:54 am

Yep this is a great site with a lot of info and good guys on here. I actually like that there are not the 200k member like other sites. Just a bunch of good people. Thanks from me as well!
Back to top Go down
bullschmidt

PostSubject: Re: A Big Thank You   Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:48 pm

I will echo those sentiments this is new ground for me and i have noticed the genuine thoughts expressed from all the users that i have read so far.
Some of the threads that i have visited i notice a lot of macho in some posts the old my way or the highway approach. We all have our way but to be able to help someone else and realize we each view with different eyes and hear with different ears is an Art and gift ( i think they call it Humility ) ...Just sayin.
So i appreciate each of you trappers that i have not met personally for taken the time to keep our traditions alive and moving thru the Generations'.
Now i do have a plea for help with this technology i am not completely illiterate with computers however i cant seem to outsmart the uploading of photos to a post yet. every time i believe i figured it out i get humbled again.. And i don't mind fightin but i hate loosin.
Any words of wisdom
Thanks again
Back to top Go down
Horseroper

PostSubject: Re: A Big Thank You   Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:06 pm

I am going to jump on this band wagon as well.. this really does seem to be a great sight. I have a little story to tell...While getting my cats tagged today I ran into the future. He was about 12 or 14 and had 2 nice little cats that he had put up. Being an older gruff man, he sure popped up and smiled big when I told him they where some good lookin cats. I offered him some advise about the Nevada stretch as his left a little to be desired. His eyes got real wide and boy did he ever pay attention. Im not the greatest trapper by no means and like everyone else I will always be learning, but it was sure great to see this little man smile. Took me back to the days when life was so much simpler....I wished him the best of luck next year, gave him my fur buyers number and watched as him as his mom drove off. I wish i had gotten his name or gave him my number to help his as much as possible. He was, what looked like, in a hurry to go look up this and a couple more web sites i mentioned, that might help. Just thought everyone should no that I believe with young men like this, the sport has a chance to survive. Good luck young man and God Bless.
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

PostSubject: Re: A Big Thank You   Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:29 pm

bullschmidt, open up photobucket (you will have to register to use it). Then on the top of the page is a green button that says, "Download" or download photos. It will bring up a window (and if you are like me and not as good with computer technology as I am not), you will save the pics you want to post on your desktop of your computer (and do this before you open photobucket). Search on your computer and find desktop. Click on open file on the picture you want and it will load it or them. Then I believe another window will pop up giving you options on which one of the posting you want (you will have to experiment with this as I had to in order to learn it, and still don't have it down). You then do a copy from that window (and have another session of the bobcats r us site up on your compter) then click in the bobcats site on the box where you would type a message and click paste. It will show a bunch of compter addresses and you think "What the heck????, but then when you post it and reopen it, the photos are there. I know this is confusing, but all I can say is Its Magic, at least that how I have reasoned it.
If this doesn't work, somewhere here in the posting is a tutorial that either Bucknbows and or Bghunter sent to me and it explains it in about half the words I've used above. Good luck and hope this helped.
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

PostSubject: Re: A Big Thank You   Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:38 pm

Good for you Horseroper! This is how for all time past, knowledge was passed and you are doing your part to make this young man a better trapper and hopefully someday, he too will pay it forward. I've tried to remember just how many others I've taught how to trap in the past, and given helpful hints to, and just can't really say with any number how many. I remember getting advice from hundreds as I was getting started and looking back now if I had to pay for it in dollars, I couldn't have afforded to pay for it. In the work I retired from this was called "succession training." You are training your replacements so they can carry on what you know how to do. I really hope all of us do this as I would very much to have the right or ability to trap around for my great grand children.
Back to top Go down
bullschmidt

PostSubject: Re: A Big Thank You   Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:42 am

Thank you for the tip's ridgeback740. This is one of 9 of my grand babies that i am trying to pass it on to. What a great day this was. We definitely need to train our replacements . If we remember to Think Globally and Act Locally we can fix the world. Thanks guy's
As a side note i look at this pic and think... i posted on another subject earlier in the week and said how i liked the Bridger traps but just wish they were made in the USA and Blah Blah Blah,,, Hmm nice Suzuki Samuari... just sayin . Those Bridger #3 fully modified traps are lookin mighty good thru these slightly Hippocritic eyes.. Man do i feel like i'm in Bear Skins'
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

PostSubject: Re: A Big Thank You   Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:34 pm

Bullschmidt, finances tend to dictate what we do quite often. If possible, I buy American. I understand where you are coming from and don't hold any of what you write against you. We have to do what we can when we have goals, and sometimes that mean violating what we would like to see set as a standard. Just want you to know, I'm with on this.
Back to top Go down
bullschmidt

PostSubject: Re: A Big Thank You   Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:27 am

Yes that Dang Money seems to be the Root of All Evil ..

Then I remember my Grand Pa telling me "To do your best and the heck with rest "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Big Thank You   

Back to top Go down

A Big Thank You
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bobcats R Us :: Trapping-
Jump to: