Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

not happy at all

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bghunter119

Bghunter119

not happy at all Empty
PostSubject: not happy at all   not happy at all EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 8:44 pm

So one of the guys i know stops and says, hows trapping going, i said ok. He then says i aint even trapping this year, no time, and asked hows your catch, so i tell him. Guess who was running a line adjacent to me on bording property in not 1 but 2 areas where i trap after he talks to me. i aint telling these guys anything anymore, helped a kid get started this year, and him and his brother went in and set traps all around mine after he went on a ride along, these guys are lazy in my opinion and want everyone else to do the leg work for them, sorry for the rant, just really irritating Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

not happy at all Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy at all   not happy at all EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:27 pm

your heart is in the right place but sometimes people just dump on you!!! Hang in there and may the best trapper win!!
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

ridgeback740

not happy at all Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy at all   not happy at all EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:56 pm

Bghunter119, as a corrections officer I'm sure that you get some sort of yearly training, at least I did. In this yearly training, there is a block called Ethics. I taught this block to all of our officers every year. The definition of Ethics is: "Doing the right thing, even when nobody is watching." Its very sad that Ethics are not taught by parents, mentors and friends. You see a lot of people who do not have any Ethics when it comes to a lot of things, and these guys are in that group. Sorry for you situation. A cousin of mine, (we were both deputy sheriffs at the same time period) said, "No good deed goes unpunished." Sad but a lot of time true. I still extend a hand and open my heart up to those I feel deserve it, so I am either self destructive, just plain stupid or human. Hoping its human.
Back to top Go down
Bghunter119

Bghunter119

not happy at all Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy at all   not happy at all EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:11 pm

yeah ridgeback, we get it, and wasting 18 years for this would be a greater loss than the satisfaction, just really irritates me that these guys do this
Back to top Go down
BUCKSNBOWS

BUCKSNBOWS

not happy at all Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy at all   not happy at all EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:55 pm

Kansas you must stay focused my grasshopper! One day you will show them the way and you will become a jedi master! I feel your pain but glad your thinking straight!.
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

ridgeback740

not happy at all Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy at all   not happy at all EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:49 am

It used to be that trappers as a whole, were a secretive bunch. They didn't share secrets or tell of anything about their traplines, lures or scents. Times have changed and so have the integrity and honor of some people. These changes sadden me, but don't suprise me at all. Many is the time I'm sure, we have opened up ourselves for people to benefit from our generous nature and giving and taken advantage of us. In order to keep our trapping rights in the future, we must share of ourselves and take the chance we might be messed over.

Last edited by ridgeback740 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bghunter119

Bghunter119

not happy at all Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy at all   not happy at all EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:29 am

i agree on sharing the general knowledge, but as far as numbers go, i will not share them with these guys again, any ride alongs will be on there line, not mine, i have always been generous with information and everytime i do it bites me in the backside, i will always help someone if i can, but like i said before, we will set and look for sign on their line, right now i am focus on teaching my son and his cousin to trap and hunt, we dont get alot of time together, mainly holiday breaks and this was our best year yet, caught 3 cats and some coons while he was here, my son has caught 4 cats in the past 2 years, i do apprieciate the positive encouragement guys, it helps me to realize i am not in this boat alone
Back to top Go down
Dawgz

not happy at all Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy at all   not happy at all EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:01 pm

It's a hard lesson learned but one long remembered.
It's going to get worse with hides moving up in price.
You're going to see more theiving, backstabbing and farms/ranches taken out from underneath you.
The worst thing that has happened to the world is instant information, ie internet, cellphones and satillite tv.
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

ridgeback740

not happy at all Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy at all   not happy at all EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:11 pm

Yes the world "Instant Information Systems" are a double edged sword. It does help and hurt us. I try to do a little work for all the ranchers that I trap on. I repair fence, work cattle, help gather cattle and even buck hay if they need it. I've built a good, long lasting relationship with the real good places where I trap. It cost me little in $$, but some of my time. Besides, when out on the ranch doing some work for them, I'm always scouting places to set a trap. This small "Goodwill" goes a long way.
Back to top Go down
Dawgz

not happy at all Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy at all   not happy at all EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:01 pm

Not really, lost a place this winter.
Had a good working relationship but that was then this is now.
Back to top Go down
ridgeback740

ridgeback740

not happy at all Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy at all   not happy at all EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:06 pm

Sorry to hear you report Dawgz. I have some good ranchers and farmers that like the free labor I give them I guess. Haven't had one refuse me to trap their place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

not happy at all Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy at all   not happy at all Empty

Back to top Go down

not happy at all
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bobcats R Us :: Trapping-
Jump to: