Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trapping Indian Res?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dawgz

Trapping Indian Res? Empty
PostSubject: Trapping Indian Res?   Trapping Indian Res? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Does anyone know what reservations are trappable for non Indians?
Anyone ever trap the Navajo? If so what was it like?
Any trappable ones in NM?
How about other states?
Back to top Go down
catisme

PostSubject: Re: Trapping Indian Res?   Trapping Indian Res? EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:57 pm

I have trappered the navajo res for twenty years. It has its pros and cons there are some really good places were you could easly put up 50 to a 100 cats in a sesone if you put in the efort but the places that are easly accesable have been hit hard over the years and really need left alone for about five years. I have checked into the Hopi res in new mexico it has some of the best looking cat habitat you could ask for. The only problem there is very little access you would have to stay close and utilize horses and or mules but i believe a person could put up some awsome numbers there. There also is a res off of I-40 between Alb and grants its called the yacama i believe and you have to apply for a permit there but good trapping there also.
Back to top Go down
Dawgz

PostSubject: Re: Trapping Indian Res?   Trapping Indian Res? EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 6:24 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Something to think about. Trapping Indian Res? Icon_idea
Back to top Go down
utahcoyote
Admin
utahcoyote

PostSubject: Re: Trapping Indian Res?   Trapping Indian Res? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 6:52 pm

Lot of areas like this ( reservations, militiary) that would be awesome to get into.
Back to top Go down
https://bobcatsrus.forumotion.net
catisme

PostSubject: Re: Trapping Indian Res?   Trapping Indian Res? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:08 am

Are there any restricted indian reservations in Utah that can be trapped by whit guys?
Back to top Go down
utahcoyote
Admin
utahcoyote

PostSubject: Re: Trapping Indian Res?   Trapping Indian Res? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:30 am

From what I have seen it aint going to happen. I know they do let a few people on to hunt big game but the price is an arm and a leg. As far as trapping them, everything I have tried was a dead end.
Back to top Go down
catisme

PostSubject: Re: Trapping Indian Res?   Trapping Indian Res? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:05 pm

What reservation is that. We have one like that it is the southern ute res some of the most beautiful cat habitat in the world and they let nobody trap you can hunt big game very exspensive. I have tried every angle except devorcing my wife and marrying one of them.
Back to top Go down
utahcoyote
Admin
utahcoyote

PostSubject: Re: Trapping Indian Res?   Trapping Indian Res? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 7:12 pm

I have tried the U & O indian reservation as well as the Goshute with the same luck, then again I cant blame them for not letting me.
Back to top Go down
catisme

PostSubject: Re: Trapping Indian Res?   Trapping Indian Res? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:10 am

It gets very frustraiting but the only other choice i have is to run live traps here in colorado and i have tried that and that is a art all in it self that i definately have not mastered. Most of the res and BLM around here recieved a good break this year do to very deep snow no one could even get to there areas. Our total number of cats at the New Mexico sale was way down.
Back to top Go down
utahcoyote
Admin
utahcoyote

PostSubject: Re: Trapping Indian Res?   Trapping Indian Res? EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 6:45 pm

I think most western auctions had lower number of cats this year.
Weather, economy, speculation of prices all had a say in it
Back to top Go down
catisme

PostSubject: Re: Trapping Indian Res?   Trapping Indian Res? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:20 pm

I would like to see how many cats the nevada sale and also the utah sale had. May be it will be good for the prices next year if the total take was way down.
Back to top Go down
utahcoyote
Admin
utahcoyote

PostSubject: Re: Trapping Indian Res?   Trapping Indian Res? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 3:07 pm

These are the numbers I have for the last 3 years in the state associations sales

Nevada Trappers Association (Sold)

2008 1560 cats
2009 1556 cats
2010 988 cats

Utah Trappers Association (Sold)

2008 1004 cats
2009 1230 cats
2010 564 cats
Back to top Go down
Dawgz

PostSubject: Re: Trapping Indian Res?   Trapping Indian Res? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:54 pm

It would be more interesting to know how many NV cats and how many shipped in cats at each sale.
NV lost Nov so that cut down on a lot of caught cats.
ID just plain has no population and snow slowed down most with the start of the season with no interest in prices.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trapping Indian Res?   Trapping Indian Res? Empty

Back to top Go down

Trapping Indian Res?
Page 1 of 1