Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums
Bobcats R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Western cat prices going up?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
utahcoyote
Admin
utahcoyote

Western cat prices going up? Empty
PostSubject: Western cat prices going up?   Western cat prices going up? EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 4:20 pm

Had a buddy sell 4 cats yesterday

2 nice Toms 350 each
1 average Tom 175
1 decent female 95

Kinda along the lines I expect to see this year "A" cats in the 250-350 range average cats in the 175 range and I would expect really low on the others.

This guy does a great job of preparing the fur though, this year you should really see the difference between well prepared fur and badly prepared fur.
Back to top Go down
https://bobcatsrus.forumotion.net
Bghunter119

Bghunter119

PostSubject: Re: Western cat prices going up?   Western cat prices going up? EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 4:46 pm

i talked to a guy who was buying last year but not this year, he has been watching the market, he says price is going up, he says he was told it was due to less fur being brought in this year
Back to top Go down
utahcoyote
Admin
utahcoyote

PostSubject: Re: Western cat prices going up?   Western cat prices going up? EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 4:49 pm

No doubt in my mind that is probably the main reason. Alot of snow in many of these western areas, shorter seasons in many of these states, bad economy talk of low prices, etc. all took many trappers out of the ball game.
Back to top Go down
Bghunter119

Bghunter119

PostSubject: Re: Western cat prices going up?   Western cat prices going up? EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 5:01 pm

i only got alittle more for a 28 tom than your friend did for a female, man i would love to have your guys prices down here, around here, i think me and my buddy are the only ones trapping, and i am starting to wind down, just a few back behind the house now
Back to top Go down
utahcoyote
Admin
utahcoyote

PostSubject: Re: Western cat prices going up?   Western cat prices going up? EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 6:29 pm

We are lucky in that we have some of the best cats in the world in this state as do some of the states that surround us. The limits stink but.........What were your cats fetching during the last few years when prices were way up?
Back to top Go down
Bghunter119

Bghunter119

PostSubject: Re: Western cat prices going up?   Western cat prices going up? EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 9:47 pm

2 years ago they were about like your friends average tom, last year not so good, about like this year around here
Back to top Go down
Bghunter119

Bghunter119

PostSubject: Re: Western cat prices going up?   Western cat prices going up? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 8:36 am

ARE cat prices still the same or have they gone up any more?
Back to top Go down
utahcoyote
Admin
utahcoyote

PostSubject: Re: Western cat prices going up?   Western cat prices going up? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 11:56 pm

Not sure yet, I am hearing 250 on good cats but by Monday you should have a good idea of what to expect.
Back to top Go down
Dawgz

PostSubject: Re: Western cat prices going up?   Western cat prices going up? EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 12:16 pm

What I'm seeing is the fur markets are just now being established.
China is low on fur and they are buying. For how long and how much no one knows.
Take it while you can.
Last fall there was no market, thus not many trapping, since there wasn't any solid markets to sell to.
Also, a lot of the western areas have been pounded to long and the cat numbers are down. Due to, over trapping the same area, diease, low bunnies.
So the panick(sp?) buying has started. Finally good for the trapper if you have the furs.
This is my biggest bitch. Trapping without knowing what your market is. You don't know what anything is even just a average until you go to sell. So do you go out hoping for a $20 avg or higher and then the bottom drops out and you're left holding the whole bag with no where to go? Been there done that.
(wish this site had spell check) Western cat prices going up? Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
utahcoyote
Admin
utahcoyote

PostSubject: Re: Western cat prices going up?   Western cat prices going up? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:20 pm

spell check, heck if we had that people might mistake us for something besides trappers or wannabe trappers anyways lol
Back to top Go down
Dawgz

PostSubject: Re: Western cat prices going up?   Western cat prices going up? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 12:03 am

it's a personal thing about spelling. some days are better than others. Western cat prices going up? Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Western cat prices going up?   Western cat prices going up? Empty

Back to top Go down

Western cat prices going up?
Page 1 of 1