Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Times are changing-frustrated

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
track

PostSubject: Times are changing-frustrated   Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:19 pm

Hello, I am new to this site, nice to see a site with cats mainstage and originating in my home state to boot. In a previous post it was mentioned that someone might be setting just around the corner from you. Years ago in the area I set in I very seldom seen another trapper and if I did they were usually just a long liner passing thru (not many of them anymore). These last few years this has not been the case, awhile back I had an individual tell me that he had found one of my sets but went at least a hundred feet away to put in his set--like he was doing me a favor. He left a trail that a blind man could follow so I pulled out before johnny thief showed up. I know it is public land and he has as much right to be there as I but still frustrating. This is just one of many similar experiences that have occured over the last 3-4 years. I did deal with this a little in the eighties but not to the extent it is now, I guess when fur prices go up trappers(?) come out of the woodwork. I guess its kind of a double edged sword, there is strength in numbers, which is good for trapping as a whole but not for us who have enjoyed not having so many doing it. Anyone else having any of this kind of frustration on their lines?
Back to top Go down
utahcoyote
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Times are changing-frustrated   Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:28 pm

Exactly strength in numbers but at a cost to your success. I have had this happen many times which is why many times I have to pass up som of my favorite sets.

Maybe fur prices this year will help cut things back for awhile
Back to top Go down
http://bobcatsrus.forumotion.net

Times are changing-frustrated
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1