Bobcats R Us
Welcome To Bobcats R Us The Western Cat Trapping Capital.
Please logon or register to access all the forums

Bobcats R Us

Bobcat Trapping, Hunting, Predator Calling, Fishing

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Trap tags required in NV?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
boidae1h

PostSubject: Trap tags required in NV?   Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:55 pm

Visited nvtrappers.org today and it says

"Trap identification is now required on all traps used on public land. Trappers must afix their name/address or a trapper idenditfication number purchased from NDOW to all traps.
Trap tags are available from NDOW for $5.00 per tag. There is no fee if name/address is used."

I don't see this anywhere in the regs. Where is this new "law" written?
Back to top Go down
boidae1h

PostSubject: Re: Trap tags required in NV?   Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:24 am

well....I found it in NRS 503.452. What has me soooo @(#&%*#( is that this requirement is in none of the NDOW regulations that I can find. if the law is changed what obligation does the fish and game dept. have to communicate the change in it's own regulations and is this change even enforceable? It is not in NV's small game guide on page 40, where the other trapping regs/seasons are or in any location on their website that I can find.
Back to top Go down
not@home

PostSubject: Re: Trap tags required in NV?   Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:35 pm

Great, so we have to have our name and address on our traps or just an ID # Have someones $10,000 bird dog get into one of your traps and the owner will be knocking on your door.
Back to top Go down
nvsage

PostSubject: Re: Trap tags required in NV?   Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:58 am

Sent you a PM
Back to top Go down
not@home

PostSubject: Re: Trap tags required in NV?   Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:06 pm

It would seem more logical for NDOW to give us a Trap ID # that way they could look it up and see who it belongs to. That info is no one elses business. My issue is that not only are trappers hatted by the uninformed general public but Hunters also especially Chukar Hunters
Back to top Go down
not@home

PostSubject: Re: Trap tags required in NV?   Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:23 pm

Talked with NDOW yesterday about Trap ID and got the full scoop on everything. You have two choices either the brass tags that you can purchase from NDOW for $5 each per trap or snare which has to have your trap tag number etched on the back or your personnel name and address. You can use a PO Box number and it does not have to be @ a post office where you live. You live in Fallon you can have a PO Box in Austin or Ely etc. one thing I found out its that the cost of a PO Box varies from Post office to Post office. My son pays $40 a year at his post office were in Sparks the cost is $68 every 6 months. One thing you need to keep in mind is that if you have 20 tags from the NDOW and someone steals six of your sets you will need to purchase 6 more at the cost of $30 where if you have a PO box you dont. Tags can be transfered from one trap to the next its just that for the number of tags you have from NDOW you can only have that many traps out at any given time. Tags from NDOW are for as long as Trapping is legal or until the law changes. If you want you can put your name and home address on your traps and take the chance that no one comes banging on your door at 10:00 at night demanding that you are responsible for there $500 vet bill.....................
Back to top Go down
DESERTMULEY

PostSubject: Re: Trap tags required in NV?   Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:15 pm

Where have you been for the last year or so. nothing new,it passed last legislature
Back to top Go down
not@home

PostSubject: Re: Trap tags required in NV?   Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:32 pm

Well, I have not trapped for two years............Plus after this last election knowing that Nevada is now under the control of a Liberal Legislature and a Liberal like Sisalack dont think he will be vetoing anything like Sandoval Did.

Welcome to Eastern California, where the possibility of being a Trap Free State as well as a sanctuary state is knocking at our door
Back to top Go down
DESERTMULEY

PostSubject: Re: Trap tags required in NV?   Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:52 am

Welcome back and best of luck The election results upset me too,being born and raised in Nevada I felt like crying
Back to top Go down
boidae1h

PostSubject: Re: Trap tags required in NV?   Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:22 am

To deserted mule, I wasn't too happy with the "where have you been". I am new to trapping and was hoping for some help. My point is that the trap tag requirement is not in the regs and I wasn't privy to the memo. I got a private message response from someone who helped me out alot with some ideas on p.o. box, etc.

I subsequently called NDOW and was transferred to a

Sherrill Sundell
(775) 688-1514

she confirmed the details of what I was told by private msg from n;e/v@s….        I asked her why tag reqs were not in the current regs, and she took a defensive tone said "we have gone out of our way to inform of the new laws"....she also told me that she would be happy to send me a copy of the "letter of understanding" if I emailed her. I did, she didn't,.. she has not done so yet....after 2 e-fforts on my part.

"we have gone out of our way to inform of the new laws"???? NDOW has obviously not gone so far out of its way as to put it in INK .

Back to top Go down
DESERTMULEY

PostSubject: Re: Trap tags required in NV?   Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:41 pm

Dont be offended, nothing meant by it. Now go out and get some steel on the ground and have some fun. Nothing going to change with NDOW soon
Back to top Go down
boidae1h

PostSubject: Re: Trap tags required in NV?   Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:56 pm

Thank you desertmuley, I have been a bit sensitive lately with all the recent things not going my way. went out yesterday and scratched one chukar and everything suddenly felt a lot better. trap tags just arrived today with my new po box. steel hitting the ground tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
not@home

PostSubject: Re: Trap tags required in NV?   Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:03 pm

I enjoy trapping to much to entertain the thought of the possibility that legislation could be introduced in Nevada about banning leg hold traps. Heard that the Legislature has a super majority and they are left wing Democrats. If that happens I wont have to twist my wife's arm to much about moving to Idaho. I like the area around Glennsferry. This small town is noted for great Pheasant, Duck, and Chukar Country. Plus the added bonus of miles of Coyote and bobcat country. Looked at a nice home right on the Snake River for $184,000 just a hop skip and a jump down to Elko................ The other great bonus is over the counter Elk and Deer tags.
Back to top Go down
DESERTMULEY

PostSubject: Re: Trap tags required in NV?   Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:38 am

If it passes in Nevada, Idaho will be next on their agenda. Stay and fight them here, we need your support and your votes.I quit chasing that greener grass many years ago, most of the time when I got there the green was behind locked gates and posted private property. The access to public land in Nevada has no equal in the lower 48
Back to top Go down
not@home

PostSubject: Re: Trap tags required in NV?   Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:53 pm

I agree with staying here and fighting but what I have run into is way to many lock the door and draw the blinds hunters and trappers that are afraid to let the left know how they feel and stand up even if your the only one standing.  Cant tell you how many Hunters hate trappers, all I say to them is after the trappers they will be coming for you long range shooters and start calling your high powered scoped rifles Sniper Rifles that that will be your demise.  
    Just the other day while out doing my trap check I saw where someone took one of my sets, lucky that was the only one so I pulled the rest and re-set them in more remote area's where I have yet to see a boot track.   Spend a lot of time looking over my shoulder and making myself less visible.  Even though i have been trapping within 18 miles of town Im still letting as many bobcats go as I have caught coyote.  Just hope that from Dec 1st on I get just as many...............

Whats funny is that I assumed that Bobcat Season Opened on Dec 1st it did a couple years ago????
So have let loose to nice Toms last week....................so much for Assuming I new
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trap tags required in NV?   

Back to top Go down

Trap tags required in NV?
Page 1 of 1